Sometimes simple can be simply the best. Returning to amazing tasting but completely bad for you treats can sometimes be so soul satisfying.
Sometimes it’s nice to forget the fancies and go back to the basics. Mars Bar Squares are the basics.
Basic melt in your mouth chocolate.
Basic get out of bed at 1 am because you remembered they are in the kitchen. These and a glass of milk at 1 am in your kitchen makes up for any kind of day you had.
Or more like sneaking into your sisters kitchen to eat them, since I made these in her place while visiting. Thus the different kitchen in the pictures.
4 Mars Bars
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
What could be a greater start than melting chocolate bars with butter? I can’t think of anything to be honest.
When that’s done, mix the Rice Krispies in with them, then transfer to a well greased 9×9 pan.
Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, then pour it on top.
Cool in the fridge then cut into pieces and serve.
- 4 Mars Bars
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Melt the bars bars in a pot then mix the Rice Krispies in with them, then transfer to a well greased 9×9 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, then pour it on top.
- Cool in the fridge then cut into pieces and serve.