To go along with the deliciousness that is the Scarlet Kiss, I’ve got another Valentine’s day cocktail recipe for you. This one, I think, should qualify as a dessert it looks so good! It’s called Cupid’s Arrow and is filled with berries and topped with chocolate shavings.
Cupid’s Arrow is composed of vodka, blood orange liqueur, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon lime soda (such as Sprite) and sugar (or splenda). As I mentioned in my previous post, Karlynn and I don’t normally celebrate Valentine’s day by going out because, instead, we celebrate the anniversary of our first date on the 11th. Having said that, we are absolutely going to celebrate by enjoying a delicious cocktail or two and Cupid’s Arrow is going to be one of them.
Whether you are dating, married or single, this cocktail is still an excellent option that will add a bit of decadence to your day so give it a whirl using the recipe below and don’t forget to let me know what you thought of it in the comments.
~ Mike (Mr. Kitchen Magpie)
Valentine's Day Cocktail - Cupid's Arrow
Whether you are dating, married or single, this Valentine's Day cocktail is still an excellent option that will add a bit of decadence to your day so be sure to try it!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Mr. Kitchen Magpie
- cupid's arrow
- 1.5 oz vodka
- .75 oz blood orange liqueur
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 5 chopped berries your choice but I recommend raspberries and strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar or 1/2 packet of splenda
- 1/2 can lemon lime soda like Sprite
- 1 sprinkle chocolate shavings for garnish
- Combine vodka, liqueur, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar / splenda and shake vigorously.
- Wet and dip glass rim in pink or red sugar crystals.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Pour shaken mixture over ice.Add sprite and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.