The Bisquick Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is THE perfect fast, family-friendly and delicious dinner! There is a reason it has been a HIT for decades!
This casserole pie has been loved by many since it was first baked back in the mid-century and these recipes are often passed down through generations. There are lots of variations of this family favourite recipe, but I’m definitely a big fan of the Bisquick variety!
Bisquick started adding this “impossible pie” to its boxes back in the 1970’s with the idea of making a dessert that was impossibly easy to put together, and it certainly took off. If you have yet to taste it, you’ll soon see why when you do! I have made the dessert version with my Saskatoon Impossible Pie and it’s easy and delicious!
Ingredients in Cheeseburger Pie
Cheeseburger Pie is so easy to make and you will have most of the ingredients in your pantry or fridge already.
- Ground beef – lean is best
- Onion – I always use white for the sharpest taste, but you can use yellow
- Bacon – I like to use thick cut bacon
- Cheddar cheese – Sharp or old cheddar adds the most flavor to this pie
- Original Bisquick™ mix – see below for how to make a homemade substitution
- Milk – you can use any milk that you want to
- Eggs – large eggs as per usual
How to Make Bisquick Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place the ground beef, onion, and bacon into a large skillet. Fry until the ground beef is browned, the onions are soft and translucent and the bacon is cooked. Drain the grease and place in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Whisk together the baking mix, the milk, and the eggs,
- Pour over the cheese and ground beef evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
What is Bisquick?
In case you’re not familiar with Bisquick, let me fill you in (you won’t look back!). Bisquick is a super handy pre-mixed baking mix that’s made with flour, baking powder, shortening, and salt. It really speeds up the baking process and it’s something I couldn’t do without at this stage! It’s a great way of cutting corners and reducing time in the kitchen without having a terrible effect on the overall quality of your meal (it really doesn’t!).
Homemade Bisquick Mix
I personally think it’s much easier to make this recipe with Bisquick on hand, but if you don’t have any in the kitchen – don’t worry, there’s an alternative! For a quick Bisquick substitute, you’ll need:
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tsp of cold butter
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl and work in the cold butter using a pastry cutter until you get a breadcrumb-like mix.
Carbs in Cheeseburger Pie
A serving of Bisquick Impossible Cheeseburger Pie has about 360 calories and 11g of carbs. So it’s not the worst on the carbohydrate front but you definitely need to keep an eye on your serving portions if you’re monitoring your carb intake.
Gluten Free Option for Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
If you’re celiac or generally sensitive to gluten, you can still enjoy this yummy dish! Bisquick have a gluten-free mix that makes this mouth-watering dish an option for everyone! You can pick it up in most supermarkets or online.
More Bisquick Recipes to Enjoy:
Bisquick™ Peach Cobbler: this vintage fresh peach recipe with Bisquick also has an incredible caramel taste that will definitely make you want second helpings!
The Bisquick Impossible Quiche: this classic quiche recipe is super tasty and easy to make! Definitely a family favourite.
Bisquick™ Chicken and Dumplings: this hearty comfort food is the perfect weeknight dinner. Just the aroma will make your mouth water!
How to Make Bisquick® Pancakes (biscuit mix pancakes): one of the easiest pancake recipes in the world, and one of the most scrumptious too!
Happy cooking everyone! This is a fantastic recipe for a lazy weekend brunch this summer!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER or BRUNCH RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
The Bisquick™ Impossible Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
The classic recipe for The Bisquick™ Impossible Cheeseburger Pie! This ground beef and cheese pie is made with baking mix, milk and eggs for a fast and easy meal!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 slices thick cut bacon optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- parsley or green onions to top
Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray then preheat your oven to 400 °F .
Place the ground beef, onion and bacon into a large skillet. Fry until the ground beef is browned, the onions are soft and translucent and the bacon is cooked. Drain the grease and place in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
Sprinkle the cheese on top o the ground beef mixture in an even layer.
Whisk together the baking mix, the milk and the eggs until it's as smooth as you can get it ( there will be little lumps, don't worry about that.)
Pour over the cheese and ground beef evenly.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove and cool slightly, then serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.