How to make great rolled sugar cookies! This recipe is no-fail, makes great cut-out shapes and is delicious!
How to Make Rolled Sugar Cookies
If there’s one thing that reminds me of my childhood, it’s sugar cookies. You’ll find them everywhere from Disneyland to Starbucks (and many places in between) and they are just one of those pretty cookies children are drawn to. This recipe is from my sister, Angela and is one of the best rolled sugar cookie recipes I’ve tried to date.
These particular rolled sugar cookies are decorated based on the popular Trolls movie which my daughter is a huge fan of. You can, however, decorate them to suit any need, of course. It’s a sugar cookie after all! That’s what they are best for!
Do remember when following the recipe that you’ll need to keep an eye on them while in the oven. Some ovens vary in temperatures and I wouldn’t want you to have an over baked batch! Check on them every minute after 5 minutes and bake for up to 8 minutes or so. Remembering of course that these are based on my particular ovens temperature.
The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies Recipe
These are some of the best rolled sugar cookies I’ve ever eaten based on my sister’s recipe she uses for her baking business. They won’t disappoint!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Total Time
- 18 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix butter and sugar with fork or whisk until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight (mininum recommended cooling time of 2-3 hours)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out dough on floured surface. I recommend 1/4 inch thickness or so.
- Cut into desired shape and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes. (be sure to check every minute or so after about 5 mins as some ovens vary in temperatures).
- Cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.