These are seriously the BEST biscuits ever! I make these all the time!
I heard this rumor that a certain large seafood chain brushes parsley, garlic and melted butter on top of their biscuits, which make them absolutely addicting.
So I tried it.
And shouldn’t have.
I wanted to just eat these alone for supper, without the Cornish Game Hen Soup that I served them with.
Salty, garlicky, cheesy goodness.
2 cups of flour
1 tbs baking powder
½ cup of butter
½ tsp of salt
1 cup of cheese
2 tbs butter
½ tsp parsley
½ tsp garlic powder
Kick the tires and light the fires to 425 degrees.
Combine all the dry ingredients well, take a whisk to them or sift. Then cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs.
Melt the butter for the topping in the microwave with the garlic and parsley. I melted it together to soften up the parsley a bit.
Once the butter is cut in, pour the milk in, add the cheese and combine.
Roll the dough out until it’s about ½ – ¾ inch thick, then use either a biscuit cutter, or a glass to cut out the biscuits.
Using your pastry brush, brush copious amounts of the butter sauce on the top of the biscuits and pop into the oven.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until they have risen and are starting to brown on top.
And beware, know that everyone that eats them will fall in love with you. Serve them wisely.
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you’ll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
The Best Biscuits Ever
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- Appetizer, Breakfast
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley optional
- 1/2 cup butter cold
- 1 cup cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Melt the butter for the topping in a small bowl in the microwave. Once the butter has melted combine it with the garlic powder and parsley completely, then set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder salt and parsley. I add dried parsley for color, you can omit it if desired. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Once the butter is cut in, pour the milk in, add the cheese and combine.
- Roll the dough out until it's about ½ inch thick, then use either a biscuit cutter, or a glass to cut out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet, leaving space between them.
- Using your pastry brush, brush copious amounts of the butter sauce on the top of the biscuits and place the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they have risen, the bottoms are nicely browned, and the tops have browned as well.
- Remove and let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then serve warm.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.