Are you looking for a light and refreshing lunch option? If so, then you have to try my Kiwi, Lime & Strawberry Salad. The combination of fresh fruits and greens makes this a delicious healthy option.
Oh the strawberries are getting better and better tasting, am I the only one noticing this? You can tell that the season is getting closer and closer, to the point where we are going to be picking them straight from the gardens and eating them still warm from the summer sun.
As soon as I saw this strawberry salad, I knew right away that I was going to make it for lunch that day. I didn’t care that Mike may not like it, the colors made me so happy and the ingredients were simple, healthy and gorgeous.
How to Make a Strawberry Salad with Kiwi and Lime
There are two ways you can enjoy this salad, you can top it with pecans and gouda cheese if you want to add protein and enjoy this as the primary dish or, like us, you can make a simple side of protein (such as my Honeyed Cornish Game Hens) and have this large salad on the side.
You can also use canola oil in the recipe or olive oil – I take every opportunity to use olive oil in a fresh dressing – and I prefer to add arugula since I think it gives a nice peppery bite to the salad. It’s a must have in this salad, don’t skip the arugula unless you have to.
Lime & Honey Dressing
The dressing is a mere four ingredients and I can already see that I will be using it as a base for a few other salad recipes I have in mind. It’s a fabulously easy dressing recipe, healthy, sweet and tart all at the same time. I love that it uses honey and not sugar! To make the dressing, follow the steps listed below.
Another excellent dressing you can use with this salad is my Ginger Sesame Citrus Dressing, pictured below.
Preparing your Strawberry Salad
The preparation process for this strawberry salad is simple:
- Prepare the fruit: Begin by slicing the strawberries and the peeling and chopping the kiwi (see this guide for an easy step by step process).
- Make the dressing: Prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients listed below in a small container with a closed lid and shaking thoroughly. The ingredients you’ll need for this are simply: lime juice, honey, olive oil and ground ginger.
- Combine fruit and arugula (and optional ingredients if desired): Combine the sliced fruit with the arugula in a large bowl. You can also add some optional ingredients such as pecans and / or cubed Gouda cheese if desired.
- Apply the dressing to the salad: Drizzle the honey lime dressing over the salad. I don’t recommend mixing the salad together as you can damage the sliced fruit and make things soggy. It’s better to drizzle thoroughly instead.
This salad can be enhanced in a number of ways using all kinds of additional ingredients. Here are a few ideas:
- Pecans – Pecans go very well with this salad and one great variation would be adding chopped pecans in with the strawberries and kiwi.
- Sunflower seeds – Sunflower seeds sprinkled over the salad are another great way to introduce a new type of flavor to the mix. Obviously, make sure they are shelled first!
- Gouda – The addition of Gouda cheese is can amp up this salad as well by bringing in a savory element.
This is a great work lunch as well, healthy but you tend to forget that it’s good for you when it tastes this good.
Some other excellent recipes to try:
Thanks for stopping in everyone!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Kiwi and Lime Strawberry Salad
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 6 cups bite-size pieces fresh spinach & arugula mix
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 2-3 pieces kiwifruit cut into bite-size
Lime & Honey Dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 - 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In large bowl, mix spinach, strawberries, kiwifruit.
- In tightly covered container, shake dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to mix.
- Top with toasted pecans and cheese is desired,
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.