There is nothing like an easy steak marinade recipe to start out your barbeque season!
To be honest, I am searching, nay, questing, for a pepper crusted steak/roast recipe that rivals the one I had at my cousins wedding, we had the most fantastic peppered/salted buffalo roast EVER. I am in full on search mode for it!
However, during my travels I came across this one, and decided to give it a try since I have a lot of steak in my freezer, and it was 30 degrees Celsius outside on the first day of fall, so BBQ’d anything was on the menu!
This has been my go-to recipe over the years, it;s so easy and very adaptable to your liking!
Happy grilling everyone!
Fabulously easy steak marinade! Fix it and forget it until the next day, then fire up the grill to BBQ!
- 4 steaks of your choice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp finely minced onions
- red pepper to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Rosemary and thyme, fresh
- Place steaks in a large lidded plastic container.
- Combine all ingredients together, excepting the rosemary and thyme.
- Pour the steak marinade over the steaks, then top with onion slices, thyme and rosemary.
- Let marinate in the fridge overnight, the longer the better!
- To cook, heat up the grill or barbeque. Cook steaks until preferred doneness.
This is an easily adapted steak marinade recipe, you can adjust the taste to your liking! The nutritional info is the marinade ONLY!
- Serving Size: 1/14 portion of marinade
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.