This is simply the best and the easiest recipe I have found for oatmeal cookies yet, I am pretty sure it comes from the Quaker Oats package as their recipe for cookies using their brand of oats. This has been my family’s favourite for as many years as I can remember!
Why mess with the classics, I ask you?
Nonetheless, I thank them mightily for the recipe even though I may not buy their oats, but usually a generic brand instead. Which, by the way, work just fine. You can use any brand of oats in the recipe that you have on hand.
This is the classic oatmeal cookie recipe off of the package! The best ever!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add in your flour. Add in your baking soda and cinnamon (here is where you can add more if you like ’em spicy, I LOVE them spicier, so I add two).
- Add in cloves.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Add in your raisins. Once those are mixed in thoroughly, add your oatmeal.
- Mix well.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie