Seven layer bars are a classic for a good reason : they will satisfy every and any sweet tooth! You can customize them any way you want, by changing up the chocolate chips, the nuts, the sky is the limit!
Thanks to my cookbook give away the other week, I discovered in the comments another kind of bar/dainty that I would like to try. And as per usual, I put my own twist on it, which is very easy to do with seven layer bars, you can invent the layers as you go and to your taste. I used dark and white chocolate and the results were mouth-wateringly good.
This was so rich and delectable, and so satisfying for a sweet tooth, or sweet teeth, like mine. It was fantastic cold from the fridge, warm on the counter…and they were supposed to go to my husbands work and never made it there.
These seven layer bars are absolutely loaded with sugar, almost to the point where your teeth hurt. I tried to cut the sweetness a little by using unsweetened coconut – something I highly suggest using – and they were awesome. However, they are definitely one of the sweetest bars out there!
Pin this recipe to your Christmas Baking or Dessert Boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Seven Layer Bars
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- 30 bars
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F.
- Melt the butter, then add in the graham crumbs.
- Once they are mixed, press it firmly into the bottom of a parchment lined 9x13 pan.
- Take half of the can of condensed milk, and pour it over the crumbs.
- Add in the chocolate chips in an even layer over the milk.
- On top of the chocolate, add the pecans and then the coconut, which was unsweetened by the way in my attempt to lessen the sweetness.
- Take the remaining milk and drizzle it over the top of everything.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.
- Slice into bars once fully cooled.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.