This Ravioli Lasagna is the best of both dishes! Baked mozzarella and meat sauce with your favorite ravioli tucked in with layers of ricotta cheese makes this a satisfying meal.
Table of Contents
Combining your favorite large ravioli with ricotta layers, this is easy and packed with cheese. Using the pre-made ravioli makes this recipe easier than ever!
What Type of Ravioli to Use
The best part of this recipe is that you can customize the flavor to your liking. I love a four cheese ravioli to make this even cheesier! This recipe uses spinach and ricotta which is also a great choice for those who love spinach!
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- two 650 ml jars four cheese sauce
- one 475 grams container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 30 large spinach ravioli 600-700 grams
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a deep 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, beaten egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, ground sausage and onions.
- Cook until the meat has browned and the onion is soft, about 15 minutes, then drain the fat.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is browned and fragrant.
- Stir in the four cheese sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Assembling the Lasagna
- Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with a single layer of ravioli ( 15 total)
- Place another 1/4 of the meat sauce on top of the ravioli.
- Spread out the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the meat sauce.
- Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Place another 1/4 of the meat sauce on top, followed by another layer of ravioli.
- Place the last of the meat sauce on top then top with the remaining 2 cups mozzarella.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until golden and bubbly, around 15 minutes.
- If you buy fresh pasta, simply throw it into the freezer and freeze it before baking. Using frozen ravioli allows the lasagna to cook longer, letting the flavors meld together better and layers to blend together nicely.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.