Evil evil evil.
I am so very sorry for these and the worst part is I don’t even know who to blame! These bars flashed by me on my Facebook feed and I made mental note to check them out. It wasn’t the greatest picture but the title is what captured my attention. After a fruitless search hours later – because we all know how awesome Facebook is at showing us stuff, right?- I finally gave up and googled the name as best I could remember.
What makes these SO AMAZING is the creamy peanut butter filling in the middle. You guys. OH EM GEE. Ok? I’m serious here. I will be playing with this concept for recipes to come, rest assured. This is only my first kick at the creamy peanut butter filling cat.
The other recipe called for Peanut Butter cups, but I only had Reese’s Pieces. I would think that the PB cups would rock your socks off even more! I wanted these now and wasn’t going to waste a moment running to the store. I wanted to see if these actually worked.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used chunky
- one 300 millilitre can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's pieces OR minis are perfect
- 1 cup chopped Reese's PB cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.tir together the melted butter, sugar, soda, oatmeal, flour & salt until it's crumbly.Set aside approximately 1 1/4 cups. of the mixture.
- Press the remainder of the mixture into the prepared pan, making sure you press firmly. Bake the crust for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Stir together the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour and spread the peanut butter filling over the baked crust, making sure to not pull up the crust while you do so.
- Spreading in one direction only solves this problem. Combine the reserved crumbs and Reese's Pieces together and spread on top of the condensed milk mixture.
- Bake at 350 for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Return to oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes or until topping is light golden brown and the chips are melting.
- Cool, slice and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
I’m making these bars tonight, they look amazing!
Carla Armstrong says
You are an evil genius!
Rob Kate Wigmore says