Evil evil evil.
I am so very sorry for these and the worst part is I don’t even know who to blame! These bars flashed by me on my Facebook feed and I made mental note to check them out. It wasn’t the greatest picture but the title is what captured my attention. After a fruitless search hours later – because we all know how awesome Facebook is at showing us stuff, right?- I finally gave up and googled the name as best I could remember. I hit paydirt here.
What makes these SO AMAZING is the creamy peanut butter filling in the middle. You guys. OH EM GEE. Ok? I’m serious here. I will be playing with this concept for recipes to come, rest assured. This is only my first kick at the creamy peanut butter filling cat.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar I used Dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used chunky
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 300ml
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s pieces OR minis are perfect
- 1 cup chopped Reese’s PB cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9Ã—13 pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together the melted butter, sugar, soda, oatmeal, flour & salt until it’s crumbly.
- Set aside approximately 1 1/4 cups. of the mixture.
- Press the remainder of the mixture into the prepared pan, making sure you press firmly. Bake the crust for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Stir together the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour and spread the peanut butter filling over the baked crust, making sure to not pull up the crust while you do so. Spreading in one direction only solves this problem.
- Combine the reserved crumbs and Reese’s Pieces together and spread on top of the condensed milk mixture. Bake at 350 for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Return to oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes or until topping is light golden brown and the chips are melting.
- Cool, slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 20