This summer we were so darn busy camping every weekend that I barely baked a cookie. Oh, fine, I know I baked up my skillet cookies and desserts while camping, but it’s been a long time since I’ve fired up the KitchenAid stand mixer and really delved into a batch of cooking baking. Muffins? Ha! I don’t think I made a single batch this summer!
So back to school means back to the kitchen for me, back to a quasi-schedule (I’m really trying to get back into schedule and it’s not working, more on that another time) and back to baking school and after-school treats for the kids. While these cookies won’t make it into the kids lunches (they have peanut butter in them) they most certainly have made it into the rotation of after school treats.
I have a thing for M&M’s and baking with them. They just come in so many sizes and flavors, each delicious in their own right..and the colors! How can you lose with those bright-colored beauties?
As I am sure you are all well aware I have a peanut butter addiction, especially when it comes to sweet treats. This cookie just makes sense to me, by pairing my favorite flavor in M&M’s with a great cookie base.
The end result is a thick cookie, like my Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, with little peanut butter delights baked into them.
New Fashioned peanut butter cookies: Peanut butter cookies using a cakemix. I am seriously intrigued!
Or these Peanut Butter-Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies recipe? It uses Bisquick! Get outta town!
How is your back to school going? It’s been three weeks and I keep hoping I’m going to get back into it more…and I swear I just keep forgetting more and more things every week!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! **Print
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tsp salt if using unsalted butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of Peanut Butter M&M’s
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of M&M’s by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto the baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone. Cool on the sheets completely.
- Serving Size: 24
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.