Parmesan crisps are an easy, cheesy little snack that's perfect for dipping or just snacking on plain. Low carb and only one ingredient, these are perfect for parties or solo with a glass of red wine!
Parmesan is one of those extremely well-loved cheeses that everyone should keep on hand, for either topping pasta or adding some cheesy flavor to almost any favorite dish!
But you can also just eat it on its own – something that you don't do usually with a hunk of Parmesan. By cooking it into crisps, you take this very strong cheese and make it light as air, crunchy yet still full of flavor!
Parmesan Crisps Ingredients
• Grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Parmesan Crisps
• Spoon Parmesan by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
• Spread out the cheese using a spoon, working them into 2-inch wide circles
• Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
• Remove from the oven and immediately drape over a rolling pin or smaller bottles
• Press them into the rolling pins or small bottles, which presses them into a curved shape
• Let cool until crisp and then serve
What Kind Of Parmesan Should You Buy For This Recipe?
Parmesan is definitely among the more polarizing cheeses out there. The culinary world is pretty much split into two distinct camps: those who believe that the only real Parmesan comes from Parma in Italy and those that prefer the little shaker bottles that dispense white “Parmesan” dust.
The real, good-quality stuff is definitely necessary for this recipe.
The powdered stuff does not release as much oily fat as the real stuff and just won't bake up the same at all.
How To Use Your Parmesan Crisps
These Parmesan crisps are not only super salty, crisp, and delicious, but they also help provide a wonderful little bit of crispy crunch to anything you put on.
A favorite way to use these Parmesan crisps is to use them as a topping for a burger. They will give every single bite a cheesy, salty, crunchy texture that improves literally every burger recipe.
You don’t have to stop here, however; why not use them to top a slice of pizza? Or put them in literally any sandwich?
Make smaller Parmesan crisps and then eat them as a bite-sized snack. Tiny little Parmesan crisps stored in a resealable bag make for a great chip substitute!
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Try:
Pin This Recipe To Your Appetizer Recipes Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 3 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of Parmesan onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread out the cheese with a spoon to make 2-inch circles (approximately).
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until melted and golden brown and crisped.
- Remove from the oven. If desired, you can drape each crisp over a small wooden rolling pin to make then curved in shape.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- add a pinch of garlic powder, cayenne or paprika if desired
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.