This healthy and hearty Mediterranean chickpea salad will keep you full for hours on end! It’s the perfect standalone snack or side dish for a barbeque main, summer roast, or veggie feast!
Fast, Healthy and Easy Chickpea Salad
Is a salad even a salad if it isn’t green? YES! This Mediterranean chickpea salad is absolutely delicious and it’s one of my go-to salad recipes for lunches, potlucks, and dinner parties. With only a few ingredients, this no-cook meal is super easy to put together. Not to mention the fact that chickpeas are packed full of protein, affordable, and super versatile – just like another of my favourite chickpea recipes: buffalo hot sauce roasted chickpeas !
How To Make Chickpea Salad
This tangy salad is simple to make and takes no time at all.
- This is SO easy to put together! Just combine the chickpeas, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green pepper, and Feta cheese in a medium bowl.
- Top it off with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Greek seasoning to taste.
- Once you’re done, either serve right away or store in the refrigerator until needed. You don’t want to keep it there for more than a few hours though.
Tips And Tricks For Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- You can use whatever chickpeas you have in the pantry for this recipe, both canned and dried will work (cook the dried chickpeas beforehand obviously!).
- If you’d like some leafy goodness you can always add in some fresh greens and a bit of extra dressing.
- You can absolutely serve this dish on its own – it’s filling enough for a decent light meal.
- Add some avocado to give your chickpea salad an interesting twist. I like to sometimes add a few chunks of avocado if I have it in the fridge for a bit of color and extra yum!
- If you have some pita bread to hand, this recipe is delicious served in a pita!
- Don’t be afraid to swap in different vegetable options depending on your own tastes. Zucchini works really well too!
Other Chickpea Recipes
Hope you guys love this! I served this with grilled steak when I had a friend visiting from Calgary for the Backstreet Boys concert ( they are STILL SO CUTE!) and this was met with rave reviews! Healthy and so easy to make that we didn’t even bother ordering take-out, we just whipped this up instead!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- one (15/16 ounces can) chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives drained
- 1 large English cucumber washed and chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced into half rings
- 1/2 green pepper washed, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons our favorite Greek seasoning
- In medium bowl,combine the chick peas, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, red onion, green pepper and Feta cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and then sprinkle with Greek seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving, but this is best served within a few hours.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.