This healthy and hearty Mediterranean chickpea salad will keep you full for hours on end! It’s the perfect standalone snack or side dish for a barbeque main, summer roast, or veggie feast!
Fast, Healthy and Easy Chickpea Salad
Is a salad even a salad if it isn’t green? YES! This Mediterranean chickpea salad is absolutely delicious and it’s one of my go-to salad recipes for lunches, potlucks, and dinner parties. With only a few ingredients, this no-cook meal is super easy to put together. Not to mention the fact that chickpeas are packed full of protein, affordable, and super versatile – just like another of my favourite chickpea recipes: buffalo hot sauce roasted chickpeas !
How To Make Chickpea Salad
This tangy salad is simple to make and takes no time at all.
- This is SO easy to put together! Just combine the chickpeas, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green pepper, and Feta cheese in a medium bowl.
- Top it off with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Greek seasoning to taste.
- Once you’re done, either serve right away or store in the refrigerator until needed. You don’t want to keep it there for more than a few hours though.
Tips And Tricks For Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- You can use whatever chickpeas you have in the pantry for this recipe, both canned and dried will work (cook the dried chickpeas beforehand obviously!).
- If you’d like some leafy goodness you can always add in some fresh greens and a bit of extra dressing.
- You can absolutely serve this dish on its own – it’s filling enough for a decent light meal.
- Add some avocado to give your chickpea salad an interesting twist. I like to sometimes add a few chunks of avocado if I have it in the fridge for a bit of color and extra yum!
- If you have some pita bread to hand, this recipe is delicious served in a pita!
- Don’t be afraid to swap in different vegetable options depending on your own tastes. Zucchini works really well too!
Other Chickpea Recipes
Hope you guys love this! I served this with grilled steak when I had a friend visiting from Calgary for the Backstreet Boys concert ( they are STILL SO CUTE!) and this was met with rave reviews! Healthy and so easy to make that we didn’t even bother ordering take-out, we just whipped this up instead!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- one (15/16 ounces can) chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives drained
- 1 large English cucumber washed and chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced into half rings
- 1/2 green pepper washed, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons our favorite Greek seasoning
- In medium bowl,combine the chick peas, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, red onion, green pepper and Feta cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and then sprinkle with Greek seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving, but this is best served within a few hours.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.