Just a quickie recipe today! I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween, we sure did!
These cookies are a great way of using up Halloween treats that are leftover. When you are tired of treats, it’s time to make these babies!
They are a chewy oatmeal cookie, so it’s a nice break from the usual cookies that are chock full of treats. I think that everyone needs at least one Halloween Candy Leftover Cookie recipe, don’t you?
Happy Baking everyone!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups of large flake oats
- 2 cups of Smarties M&M’s, chopped up chocolate bars, etc.
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugars. Once those are light and fluffy, beat in the eggs and vanilla, again until it’s light, airy and completely combined.
- Take the flour and mix the baking soda in, then add to the bowl. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are blended in. Add in the oats, mixing until they are through the dough.
- Take your Halloween candies and mix them in by hand.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Take a golf ball sized scoop and roll into a ball.
- Then flatten them either between your palms or on the cookie sheets.
- Fit 6 six to a sheet.Or, if you choose to do larger ones, space accordingly.
- You must flatten them to achieve the flat yet chewy goodness you see in the photo.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes, watch them carefully, then pull them out when they look browned.They might be a little soft in the middle â€“ good!
- Cool them on the sheets completely.
- Serving Size: 24