Beautifully cooked salmon covered in our delicious homemade garlic butter sauce. What could be better?
Table of Contents
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Garlic Butter Salmon Ingredients
- How To Make Garlic Butter Salmon
- How To Get The Salmon Perfectly Cooked And Tender
- What To Serve With Your Garlic Butter Salmon?
- Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Garlic Butter Salmon Recipe
Garlic Butter Salmon
Salmon is one of those fishes that many people struggle to cook properly, either because they over cook it or because they don’t know how to serve it.
While some simply cooked salmon is plenty delicious in its own right, this recipe is a really simple and delicious way to end up with some tasty, tender, and perfectly cooked salmon.
Don’t forget to use plenty of lemon juice – it not only really helps to cut through the fat of the butter, lemon just works really well with salmon no matter what you do.
Garlic Butter Salmon Ingredients
Make sure you look at the recipe card at the very bottom for the exact amounts so that you know exactly what to buy for this recipe.
• Salmon fillets
• Homemade garlic butter sauce
• Fresh parsley
How To Make Garlic Butter Salmon
• Place the salmon on a foil lined baking sheet and pour your homemade garlic butter sauce over top
• Squeeze half of a lemon over your fillets, and then bake them at 400 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork easily
• Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley
How To Get The Salmon Perfectly Cooked And Tender
Cooking salmon is always a bit of a minefield because it seems like it becomes over cooked and ruined almost instantly.
One moment, it is will raw and unfinished, and the next, it will seem like it is totally over cooked.
There are a number of great tricks you can use to ensure your salmon doesn’t get over cooked, like checking if you can flake it to determine if it is cooked or not.
However, the easiest thing to do is to simply cook it in the oven rather than the pan, as recommended in this recipe.
By baking it in an oven with some foil and covered with fatty sauce like your homemade garlic butter sauce, it cooks gently and more evenly, and you can easily give it a poke with a fork to see whether or not it is approaching done after 15 minutes.
If you find yourself with an absolutely monstrously sized piece of salmon, you can easily just increase the cooking time in the oven until it is fully cooked and flakes apart easily.
What To Serve With Your Garlic Butter Salmon?
This recipe is simple and delicious, but it only results in a piece of salmon and beautiful buttery sauce; it needs a bit more to be a complete meal.
The only way that you could eat this on its own is if you were trying to go paleo or sticking to an Atkins diet.
However, for those sticking to a more standard dietary plan, this salmon would go great as the main course to a larger meal.
A starch, such as boiled rice or even some quinoa, would go really well with this recipe. A simple green dish, like some broccoli or something similarly nutritious, would definitely round out the meal.
You could even crumble the salmon apart and use it as the filling in a tortilla to make a sort of pseudo Baja-style taco!
Looking for more delicious Fish & Seafood recipes? Try these out:
Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you’ll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Garlic Butter Salmon
- Prep Time
- 2 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup homemade garlic butter sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon for squeezing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place salmon on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Pour the homemade garlic butter sauce over the salmon.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the salmon fillets.
- Place sheet in the oven and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork easily.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.