Part of the joy of having a large and wonderful extended family is cooking for said wonderful family. Even when I complain (and it’s usually loudly) about the varying tastes and dietary needs of my family members, I do actually like coming up with new recipes that they can enjoy. It’s just when they all descend upon me and I have a gluten-free vegan, a meat eater that eschews carbs and the rest of the picky palates all at my dinner table for the same meal, well, that’s when I tend to freak out a bit.
So when the opportunity came up for me to be inventive with So Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Desserts, I was ready to have some fun for that gluten-free vegan family member of mine. She’s the really hard one to cook/create for, as a lot of vegans still eat gluten products and she has to eat gluten-free. These decadent cashewmilk frozen dessert pints are all Non-GMO Project Verified, certified vegan, soy free and gluten free. There’s also no artificial colours, flavours, or sweeteners, and they are a seriously delicious dairy free dessert!
I chose to work with the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert (because it’s chocolate, so naturally it was my first pick) and I wanted to make a frozen dessert square. The base is a decadent oatmeal cocoa base, made with gluten-free flour and coconut oil. The chocolate cashewmilk dessert is spread on top, then topped with a vegan caramel sauce.
It’s pretty amazing what desserts you can come up with nowadays and it certainly helps to have delicious products like the cashewmilk frozen dessert. It made it SO easy for me to whip this up and like I said, when you are surrounded by a table full of relatives that all eat differently, you need a fast and easy dessert like this in your back pocket.
So Happy Baking everyone! I hope that you love this as much as we did!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Frosty Vegan Caramel Chocolate Truffle Squares
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend of your choice
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pints ofDark Chocolate Truffle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup ⁄2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ⁄2 white sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup ⁄2 unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- pinch of salt
- dash of vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a large bowl until combined thoroughly. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove. You want the crust to still be a bit soft.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Once the crust has cooled, soften the two pints of ice cream. Spread over the top of the crust and smooth.
- Freeze again until the ice cream is firm
- Prepare the caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar,white sugar, maple syrup and almond milk.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugars dissolve completely.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, boil for one or two minutes until it becomes thicker in consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir in the salt and vanilla, then stir in the vegan margarine until melted.
- Cool until slightly warm. Cut the dessert squares, plate, then top with the slightly warm caramel sauce.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.