If you've noticed that quite a few of my Fast Foods include seafood, there is a really good reason for it.
I am the only seafood lover in my family, so when it comes time to make myself a lunch, just me, only me, I almost always will choose seafood.
Shrimp tops the list because they match almost any flavor you want to pair them with.
My favorite is garlic, of course, being the good Ukrainian girl that I am.
And with garlic goes Caesar salad, hand in hand.
All you need for this salad is 4 ingredients!
3-4 cups of your choice of greens, I use spinach
1-2 tbsp Renee's Light Caesar dressing
6 large jumbo shrimp frozen cooked or raw shrimp
1 clove of garlic
I use jumbo pre-cooked shrimp for the fast factor, but you can use raw just fine. No matter which, rinse those shrimp well under cool water until they are defrosted.
Chop up your clove of garlic, spray/grease a small frying pan with whatever you want and fry up the shrimp and garlic together.
Wash your greens, dry and then toss with your salad dressing. I have mentioned before how much I adore Renee's salad dressings and the Caesar is no different, it's incredibly tasty and one of the healthiest choices you can make salad dressing-wise.
Once your shrimp are either cooked or like mine, simply heated up with garlic, place the greens and dressing on a plate then top with steaming hot shrimp.
You can cool the shrimp down but I love the hot shrimp on a cool salad.
So enjoy, treat yourself to a quick, healthy but tasty lunch!
I hope everyone has a fabulous week! The kids are in summer camp and oh boy do I have plans!
Not very exciting plans, but plans none the less.
They include getting to know my treadmill much, much better and decluttering the kids rooms when they are gone. That in itself is going to take up most of the week, I am a picky “donor” when it comes to the kids toys, I inspect everything to make sure it's in good condition and works, I have to get the sets all together, make sure I find all the pieces from three levels of this house and pack them up for Goodwill. I think it's so rude to donate junk and broken goods to charities, what a waste of volunteer time and effort! Whoops, there's a little soapboxing from me 😉
Most of our decluttering has been done thankfully, I am a purger extraordinaire, so there wasn't much to get rid of. Now I would like to sort and pack what we don't always use- certain kitchen appliances are top of this list- and go clutter up my brothers basement with those boxes until we move!
Hmm. It would probably be the right thing to do, warning my brother that I am going to be moving things into his house all week….
Meh. Maybe not.
He probably looks in his basement about as often as he looks in his freezer.
The Quite a Rotten Older Sister Magpie
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Shrimp Caesar Salad
- Karlynn Johnston
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic peeled divided
- 3/4 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 3-4 romaine hearts washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 cups homemade garlic croutons see post above for the recipe
- 1 pound of medium shrimp shelled
- 1/3 cup Parmesan flakes
- fresh lemon juice to top if desired
How to Make the Caesar Salad Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients into a container that you can use an immersion or hand blender in to mix the ingredients. Alternatively, you can place this all in your blender.
- Process and blend all of the ingredients together, adding in more garlic and lemon to taste if you want. ( I am Ukrainian so there is always room for more garlic!) Set aside
Assembling the Caesar Salad
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Toss with the dressing until the lettuce is coated completely.
- Top with the shrimp, croutons and the Parmesan. I do NOT mix it in because as you know, they all go to the very bottom!
- Right before serving, mix the toppings into the top layer of lettuce, not the bottom, just slightly so that you have a layer of toppings for everyone to dig into.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.