This is a grilled salmon recipe for those of you that might not quite be into salmon, but you know that it's good for you and you want to eat it once in a while. Mr Magpie liked that the gremolata topping cut the fishiness of the salmon and said he wanted to eat it again. If you want to try another seafood recipe for people on the fence, try my shrimp cocktail recipe, it's another “converter”!
I got Mr Magpie to eat salmon.
I feel like doing a mic drop and just walking away now, but we will continue with the recipe. Mr Magpie does NOT LIKE SALMON. Ever. This is a big deal. The bigger deal?
My son ate half a piece. Oh, I know, that doesn't sound like a win, but I have bemoaned the fact that I am the ONLY seafood lover in this household. I finally gave up and told everyone they can eat toast and butter, but Mama is eating her seafood. They can starve. I'm SO over it.
How To Make Garlic Grilled Salmon
This recipe is perfect if you’re new to making salmon, it’s 99% foolproof (I mean, there’s always one..!) and absolutely delicious!
- My homemade gremolata goes excellently with this, so start by preparing a batch to set aside.
- Set your grill to preheat at medium-high and lightly oil the grill grate. Salmon has a tendency to stick so you’ll need to make sure you properly coat the grate all over.
- Place the salmon on the hot grill. Remember to start cooking skin side down if you’re using salmon that still has the skin on.
- Depending on the thickness of your salmon you’ll need to flip it over after around 4-5 minutes. You can add the lemon slices now too.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the salmon internal temperature hits 145 F. You’ll also know by the look of it if it’s ready, the salmon should have a light coloring and flake easily where its thickest.
- The salmon should be light in color and flake easily through the thickest part. You’ll need to flip the lemons too to stop them from burning.
- Take the salmon off grill and place on individual plates with a slice of lemon on top of each fillet.
- Top with your delicious prepared gremolata and serve!
Tips And Tricks For Making Fast And Easy Garlic Grilled Salmon
- Make sure you choose the right salmon. Thinner fillets aren’t the best for grilling so you should go for a side of salmon or fillets at least 1 inch thick.
- The cook time will depend on how thick your fillets are and how well cooked you like them.
- This lemon garlic grilled salmon is delicious served with some grilled vegetables to keep it simple! It also goes well with my cilantro lime rice for a super filling meal.
- If you’re looking for a wine to go with this dish I definitely recommend a nice white wine such as a sauvignon blanc!
More Fish and Seafood Recipes
Try some of these seafood recipes!
Buttery Old Bay Steamed Shrimp
Pin This To Your Supper Ideas Board and REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3-4 salmon fillets
- 4 slices lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 batch gremolata
- Prepare a batch of my homemade gremolata and set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate with the oil, making sure to coat it in all areas, salmon tends to stick,
- Place the salmon on the preheated grill. If you are cooking salmon with the skin on, start cooking with the skin side down.
- After 4-5 minutes ( this will depend on the thickness of your salmon) flip the salmon onto the other side. Add the lemon slices to the grill at this time.
- Cook the salmon for another 4-5 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature 145°F. Make sure to flip the lemons once as well so they don't burn.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and plate on individual plates. Take the lemons from the grill and place one slice on top of each filet.
- Top with gremolata and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.