Table of Contents
If you were reading my recipes last week you would have seen my Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad recipe and the subsequent raving about how much we adored it! It’s one of our new go-to recipes for this summer, fast, easy, and delicious.
That very night, while packing lunches I had a brainwave. (this doesn’t happen very often)
Why not just wrap that salad right up into a glorious quinoa wrap and plop it into my son’s lunch?
So I proceeded to do just that.
The salad makes a beautiful wrap and if you use rice tortillas it’s a beautiful gluten-free wrap. To comply with school lunch rules, I had to make my son’s lunch version of this wrap without the pecans, but they are most certainly a shining taste star in this wrap.
There is nothing like a decadent quinoa wrap for lunch and it’s perfect for school lunches. I wrapped it tightly in Saran Wrap to hold it together in my son’s lunch kit and it was a complete lunchtime success!
Curried Chicken Quinoa Snack Wrap
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chopped cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of red or green grapes
- 1/4 cup diced apples
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of mild curry
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup of spinach
- 6 to rtilla wraps use rice wraps for a gluten free version
- Combine the first 6 ingredients.In a small measuring cup, combine the broth, curry and sugar.Pour the broth over the quinoa mix, stirring until it’s covered.
- At this point, taste.If you want more broth with curry, mix and add according to your tastes.
- Lay the spinach leaves on the center of the wrap.
- Place the filling on top of the spinach.Roll the wrap up and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Happy summertime eating everyone, this just makes my tastebuds happy after so many long months of winter food!
Thanks for stopping by and reading!