If you were reading my recipes last week you would have seen my Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad recipe and the subsequent raving about how much we adored it! It’s one of our new go-to recipes for this summer, fast, easy and delicious.
That very night, while packing lunches I had a brainwave. (this doesn’t happen very often)
Why not just wrap that salad right up into a glorious quinoa wrap and plop it into my son’s lunch?
So I proceeded to do just that.
The salad makes a beautiful wrap and if you use rice tortillas it’s a beautiful gluten free wrap. To comply with school lunch rules, I had to make my son’s lunch version of this wrap without the pecans, but they are most certainly a shining taste star in this wrap.
There is nothing like a decadent quinoa wrap for lunch and it’s perfect for school lunches. I wrapped it tightly in Saran Wrap to hold it together in my son’s lunch kit and it was a complete lunchtime success!Print
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chopped cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of red or green grapes
- 1/4 diced apples
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of mild curry
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup of spinach
- 6 tortilla wraps use rice wraps for a gluten free version
- Combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a small measuring cup, combine the broth, curry and sugar.
- Pour the broth over the quinoa mix, stirring until it’s covered.
- At this point, taste.
- If you want more broth with curry, mix and add according to your tastes.
- Lay the spinach leaves on the centre of the wrap.
- Place the filling on top of the spinach.
- Roll the wrap up and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6
Happy summertime eating everyone, this just makes my tastebuds happy after so many long months of winter food!
Thanks for stopping by and reading!