This Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken & Vegetables will be a new dinner favourite! Did you know that cooking a whole chicken in your crock pot is the easiest thing ever? I came up with this Crock pot chicken when I had a whole chicken staring me down from the fridge. I had actually intended to cook it up and use it for a cookbook recipe, but then change my mind at the last-minute and used all chicken breast.
Which left me with a defrosted whole chicken that I needed to use up stat.
I took Mike’s Mom’s easy honey garlic chicken recipe and decided that we were going to try it over a whole chicken in the crock pot. Low and slow allllll day long.
It worked like a charm. This crock pot honey garlic whole chicken is now on my permanent dinner rotation list.
Now a few things to note about this recipe.
The sauce won’t be as thick as a honey garlic that you cook in the oven, thanks to all the vegetable and chicken juices. (Ew. I said chicken juice. Sorry about that but it’s true.) The sauce is not thick but it is seriously amazing. You can thicken it up if you want to, simply drain the juices into a pot and bring to a boil on the stove and whisk in some cornstarch. It will thicken up perfectly.
The chicken itself won’t be browned on top like my photos unless you tuck it under your oven broiler for a few minutes. Simply remove your crock pot insert and place in the oven, they are meant to do that!
I know that this was a hit when my son, the notorious chicken-meal-hater, ate an enormous plate of this and said he loved it. Winner winner Crock pot Honey Garlic Whole Chicken for dinner!!!!
Happy cooking all!
Pin this to your Supper Ideas or Crock Pot Recipes Boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Crock Pot Honey Garlic Whole Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 whole chicken 3-4 lbs, trussed
- 4 cups of peeled potatoes cut into large chunks
- 2-4 cups of carrots chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce make it low sodium if salt bothers you
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the potatoes into your slow cooker. Arrange the chicken on top, making sure that the lid will still fit. You might have to shift vegetables around to do so.
- Place the carrots on top.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, then pour over the chicken.
- Place the lid on top (using tinfoil between to seal if wanted) and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 5-6.
- Remove the inner liner and broil the chicken under your oven broiler until it browns up - this gives it that slight " burnt sugar" taste with the honey garlic. Slight. Don't burn it!
- If you want to thicken the sauce, remove some sauce from the slow cooker ( a baster works well) and whisk 1-2 tbsp of cornstarch into ¼ up cold water. Whisk into the sauce then bring to a low boil on the stove until the mixture thickens and turns clear.
- Serve and enjoy.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.