These Keto waffles are for those family members of mine that are fans of the Keto diet – you know who you are. These low carb waffles use almond flour and sweetener and actually passed the Mr Magpie test! He ate them and enjoyed them. I only have Splenda to use in mine as I don’t get full bore into the Keto diet and use the other sweeteners that you have to source out. Do you or someone you know eat Keto based? Make sure to send them this recipe!
Light & Fluffy Keto Waffles
Keto waffles doesn’t necessarily mean dense and thick. Yes, I am not going to pretend that the texture of these waffles is the same as normal flour ones, let’s not kid ourselves here. However these waffles are a good texture, they are not doorstop thick and they were an enjoyable breakfast. The secret is also the spices – there is nothing like mixing together those pumpkin pie spices to bring life to a meal.
We ate them with butter on top, but if you have a low carb syrup that you want to use, then that would be awesome on these! I just don’t have sugar-free syrups hanging around the house, but I do know that they are out there.
The NET carbs on these are 2 per waffle, which is a really low carb way to start your day! Add on butter for extra fat if needed to suit your macros.
Keto Waffles Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to beat those egg whites! While you do mix them in and you DO lose fluffiness, that’s what the baking soda and powder are also there for. You are hedging your bets and using egg whites for added leavening and lift as well.
- You can choose your choice of sweetener as this is a HIGHLY debated topic in the Keto community. Don’t bother leaving a comment telling me how Splenda is a bad choice or whatever when it comes to Keto – I have no interest in debating the merits of the different fake sugars. You do you – and what works for you on Keto!
- Try this Keto Thick Maple Syrup recipe if you are looking for a homemade Keto syrup.
- Want to BUY syrup? This maple flavoured sugar free syrup has amazing reviews!
Happy Keto cooking! You might see a few more recipes on here that are Keto in the coming weeks, but don’t worry, there’s cakes and cocktails coming as well!
Pin This Recipe to Your Healthy Eating or Low Carb Recipes Boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Crispy Sweet Cinnamon Keto Waffles
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 4 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon splenda or preferred sweetener
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the eggs and place the yolks in one bowl and the whites into a medium sized bowl ( large enough to use a hand mixer to beat them in). Mix together the egg yolks, vanilla and butter and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until as light and fluffy as they can get ( the whites should form peaks when you life up the beaters).
- Mix the egg yolks mixture into the dry ingredients. ( it will be a dry mixture.) Then proceed to add in the eggs whites, slowly mixing them in until the mixture is fully combined. You will lose some lift, don't worry, just combine them in until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat your waffle iron and make 4 waffles. Serve with butter and a low sugar syrup if desired.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
Made it in a mini waffle maker. I toasted the waffles after they cooled down a bit in a regular toaster, added kerry gold butter and a tbsp of sugar free syrup to each. Ate with country sausage and it was delicious. No keto baked good is great. It’s just a once in a while substitute.
Carol Castellucci says
Far from crispy and sweet 😞
Bland and lacking enough sweetness to force them down. Also photos shown of waffle is not true to recipe with pumpkin spices. Mine came out so much darker.
Mr. Kitchen Magpie says
That usually means you didn’t cook it properly? Following the directions is key to a successful recipe.
The original recipe was dry and tasteless but with about 1/4 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a tablespoon or two more sugar replacement it elevates the flavor and makes it less dry!
I did not care fore these. They were not crisp or tasty in my opinion. I will not make again.
These are sense, dry, grainy, and flavorless. It was literally like eating a sponge, texture and all. I’ll stick with chaffles. Those offer a much better flavor and texture and actually get crispy like they claim.
Rachel Smith says
I have a belgin waffle maker so mine were fluffy. It’s new so still experimenting. They were good. Needed a little more flavor. U added Lily’s chocolate chips and spread with peanut butter. My granddaughter approved.
I miss waffles and these were a nice treat. Got nice and high in my Belgium waffle iron. Might experiment and add fruit next time. Thanks for sharing.
I made them. Of course they are dry compared to regular waffles, but I added a bit of sugar free syrup, crushed berries and sugar free whipped cream. The next day I fried them in butter and topped with bacon fried egg and cheese.
I made these to the recipe. They were so dry and flavorless. I almost choked on them they were stuck in my throat.
Why would you leave a four star review on These waffles. They’re terrible seriously