Luscious, creamy lemon bars with a shortbread type base. Are you sold yet? These are perfect for any time of the year – light, lemony and delish!
These lemon bars have NO coconut, something that everyone asked me for. Some of you can’t stand coconut ( I get it, Mr Magpie isn’t a huge fan) so these creamy lemon bars are just the ticket!
No coconut, a creamy lemon filling, these bars were a hit!
If you do love coconut in lemon bars, make sure to try these Lemon Bars. They are delicious!
Pin this recipe to your DESSERTS or CHRISTMAS DESSERTS board!
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 eggs and one yolk
- 2 tbsp of lemon rind
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 325 degrees.
- Mix the flour and sugar then cut the butter in.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Mix completely then press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes until the base has browned. Remove and set to the side.
- Continue with the filling. Mix the sugar, baking soda and flour together.
- Whip the eggs and one yolk in a bowl, add the lemon juice and rind, then add the dry ingredients in.
- I added the extra yolk to make the filling more creamy.
- Pour the filling on the crust. Bake in a 325 degree oven until the middle is set. The lower temperature makes the top end up a lot less brown, as most recipes tell you at the end to cover the too-browned top with icing sugar.
- Serving Size: 8