Chocolate Corn Flake Meringues
These retro Chocolate Corn Flake Meringues need to grace your Christmas table this year. I would never lie to you guys, so trust me when I tell you that these are a must-have, not only for this Christmas but every Christmas from here on in. I didn’t set out to make a gluten-free Christmas treat at all, this recipe is one that I saw in a really old cookbook a few months back and had bookmarked to make them for Christmas. I realized soon after that every single ingredient in here can be found gluten-free, which makes me incredibly happy. Finding a dessert that doesn’t feel like you are sacrificing any taste or awesomeness to make it gluten-free makes me a happy girl indeed for all my readers that have to abstain from gluten. Simply buy a corn flakes cereal that is gluten free – Nature’s Path makes a corn flake cereal as well as many others – and make sure that the rest of your ingredients are as well.
Did the title of this recipe spark memories for you or did you draw a complete blank on these? I didn’t think that I had ever had them but that changed the moment that I bit into one fresh from the oven. I knew, just instantly knew, that I had tasted these before. I’m not sure if it was decades ago at Sunday school or perhaps a school function, or maybe even a family member had made them…but I’ve had them.
These are melt-in-your-mouth, crunchy, chocolate deliciousness. They are exceptional a few minutes fresh from the oven, the melted chocolate inside making them to-die-for. They simmer down to the range of absolutely delicious when cooled completely.
I am going full-out retro this Christmas. The goodies that I have baked up before we head out on vacation are all pulled from recipes boxes and old cookbooks that haven’t seen the light of day in years.
This year I was asked to try out the new Kenwood Chef Kitchen machine. Merry Early Christmas to me!
This is one amazing mixer. For those of you that love to geek out over mixers, let’s talk specs. For more information, you can head over to the De’Longhi website. I’m just saying’, this would make one amazing Christmas gift!
With 750 watts of turbocharged power and the professional-grade precision of Electronic VariableSpeed Control puts the chef-inspired Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine in a culinary class all its own.
- A Turbocharged Motor: A European-designed motor with twice the power of ordinary stand mixers delivers the right amount of torque and handles the heaviest dough loads. Dual Motor Ventilation prevents overheating, prolonging motor life.
- Professional Precision: Kenwood’s electronic variable speed control allows ingredients to gradually incorporate before mixing them at high speeds, so they stay in the bowl and not on your countertop.
- Stainless Steel Tools: Included are three professional-quality, stainless steel bowl tools: a power whisk, a dough hook and the unique K-Beater – our signature tool, specially designed for maximum mixing performance.
- Handles Heavy Loads: The solid stainless steel work bowl has rugged handles that make it easy to remove from the machine and along with all the tools, is dishwasher safe.
- A Warranty Like No Other: Comes with a five-year warranty on the powerful motor – further proof that Kenwood machines are built to last.
The one thing I noticed is that this mixer is seriously heavy-duty. Look at this whisk. The quality is apparent and in my second recipe coming up soon, you’ll see how I put it to work even harder!
These gorgeous meringues require you to beat the egg whites, adding in the icing sugar until it’s smooth, gorgeous mixture that peaks when you lift it with a spoon.
Look at that swirl. It needs to be a thick, glossy, sturdy mixture in order for these to be the best of the best.
Once you beat the meringues, you stir in the corn flakes, chocolate chips, coconut and top with cherries or sprinkles. The cherries are the gluten-free topping, by the way, and the one that I prefer.
Drop them onto a parchment lined baked sheet and you are ready to go.
Then, you simply dry them out in the oven for about half an hour.
Again, if you can manage it, try one of these at about 5 minutes out of the oven. When the chocolate isn’t going to burn your mouth, but will still be warm and melty. It will seriously be a bite of heaven.
These Chocolate Corn Flake Meringues are going to be my stand-by now for a good gluten-free Christmas treat. How amazing is it that you can have something this delicious on hand for any friends or family that eat gluten-free?
Happy baking everyone! Give these Chocolate Corn Flake Meringues a try and let me know what you think!
Love you more than chocolate,
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of sifted icing sugar confectioner’s
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 300 Â°F.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Slowly add the sugar, beating continuously until the egg white are satiny and smooth. Add salt, then stir in the remaining ingredients gently, excepting cherries.
- Grease or parchment line a cookie sheet. Drop by teaspoonful onto the cookie sheet then press a cherry half into the center of each.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until well dried out. Remove and store in sealed container once cooled.
- Serving Size: 36
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DELONGHI. The opinions and text are all mine.