Cake batter cookie alert! I warned you that holidays make me lazy and this Valentine’s Day is no exception, seeing how I had to make everything for Valentine’s Day in a week while we were home between travelling jaunts.I cheated. A lot.These cookies use a red velvet cake mix, then are loaded up with white chocolate chips and then stuffed with cheesecake-y filling.
There is a bit of time committment for the filling of the cookies, but other than that, sheesh, I think you take 1 minute to stir them!Winner-winner red velvet cookies for dinner!
Go ahead, eat them for dinner, because Magpie told you so.
These cookies made their way to the volunteer room at the kid’s school and were gone lickety-split! In fact, there were a few people bemoaning the fact that they were all eaten before they had a chance, apparently word spread around that some amazing cookies were in the fridge, but were gone in mere minutes.
I only take credit for the cheesecake filling and white chocolate chip combo!
So if you are looking to make your sweetie something a little different but still delicious this Valentine’s Day, I can’t encourage you enough to make these! They have seriously a 5 star rated approval from everyone who ate them and they take so little time and effort to make!
Happy baking everyone! Thanks for stopping in!
- 1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ®v Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs beaten
- cup one white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine the first three ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar thoroughly. This can be sweetened to taste.
- Take one tablespoon of dough, flatten slightly then place approximately 1 tbsp of cream cheese filling on top of it.Take another tablespoon of dough, flatten slightly then place on top.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the cookie.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are cooked and the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets completely.
- Serving Size: 16(approx)