You know exactly what I’m talking about.
Cabbage Soup. THE DIET.
You know, I bet that the dumb fad diet ruined cabbage soup for tens of thousands of people. I have even seen bloggers sharing it on Facebook this past January as the DIET SOUP! Cleanse Yourself after Christmas with cabbage soup!
How about we enjoy it as a super healthy soup that’s great for lunch? I looooove cabbage soup. It’s delicious as all get out and it’s a really good lunch when you happen to want to eat fried chicken later on that night.
Balance. It’s all about trying to find that balance.
Again, this is super healthy and I’m not surprised that it was featured in a diet that had you eating it for a week straight. I love cabbage soup, however there’s nothing that I can eat for three meals a day, seven days a week.
Except maybe ice cream.
Is there an ice cream diet yet?
I don’t think that you should eat this all day, for seven days I week, but I DO think that you should make a pot of cabbage soup and eat it for lunch for a few days! My son actually loves this soup as well, so it was nice that there were two of us eating it throughout the week.
So make cabbage soup, as something healthy to eat and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 head green cabbage chopped
- 2 cups slivered carrots
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes with spices
- 4 cups strong chicken broth
- In a large stockpot, fry the onions in the olive oil until soft. Add in the garlic and sautee until light brown.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables, the tomatoes and the broth.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft , then serve.