What they say about buffalo hot sauce is completely true.
I DO put that $%&! on everything.
I make Buffalo Hot Wing Tacos. Which are freaking fantastic.
I make the best, and I do mean THE BEST Buffalo Hot Sauce, Bacon & Jalapeno Mac n’ Cheese. I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it.
This stuff is amazing. Make it. Now.
However, now it’s time to bring you something else. Something a little bit healthier (not much, let’s be honest, any cheese sauce isn’t the lowest in calories) that uses up one of my favorite vegetables, cauliflower.
Buffalo Cauliflower au Gratin!
Ooooh. This makes me want to be in my kitchen at home again. We have a lovely little kitchen here in Paris right now, but it’s not the same. I need my stuff man.
If you are looking for a hot side dish for your summer BBQ, I highly suggest this one. It’s lighter than potatoes and the hot flavor of the buffalo sauce is perfect to go along with your burgers.
Who else is excited that BBQ Season is here? Summer! Gardens! Fresh food from the market! Oh, I am excited to get home to my garden!
Love you more than buffalo sauce!
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets steamed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded old strong Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish, pie dish etc.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat then add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just starts to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk into mixture, whisking into a smooth sauce. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of strong, old Cheddar cheese until melted, add in hot sauce and stir (you might want to add more hot sauce to taste)
- Place steamed cauliflower in the prepared baking dish; pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and Panko crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese and Panko crumbs are melted and browned, about 25 minutes.