Brown sugar bacon wrapped asparagus spears are the bacon bomb, man. I thought that I liked bacon wrapped green bean bundles, but I have a new love. These bacon wrapped asparagus are exactly the same as the green bean bundles, you melt butter, brown sugar and add in powdered garlic.
It’s also asparagus season!!! Oh man, I wait for asparagus season as eagerly as a kid awaits Easter. Forget the chocolate, I am SO into asparagus that isn’t $20 a pound in the stores. I wait for new asparagus recipes to start being shared on everyone’s Facebook pages and websites and eating it two times a week until my family begs me to stop buying asparagus.
Actually, that doesn’t really happen. We eat asparagus year round and we never get sick of it, but I am so grateful when I don’t have to spend and arm and a leg for it!
The brown sugar and garlic butter sauce is what makes this amazing, my sister said ” oh man, I could drink the sauce, never mind eat the asparagus!”
So who has tried this version of the green bean bundles? Who’s up for brown sugar bacon wrapped ASPARAGUS?
I am. My sister just made me make them AGAIN for Easter dinner tonight, so we have now eaten them twice in one week. I think I have her converted over to the asparagus dark side!
- 32 green beans or 4 per bundle, however many you want
- 8 slices of bacon one per bundle
- 1/4 cup of melted salted butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F.
- Take 4 spears of asparagus and wrap one piece of bacon around it, tucking the ends in under the bundle when you lay it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have all 8 bundles placed on a baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and garlic powder, mix until smooth and combined thoroughly.
- Pour over the bundles evenly
- Bake the in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until the bacon reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove and serve.