Make these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles with or without a brown sugar garlic sauce! The brown sugar sauce is great for company but if you are doing Keto or low carb, make the bundles as they are and leave the sugary sauce out! These are one of my favourite side dishes!
Table of Contents
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is Simple & Easy to Make
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Video
- How Do You Trim Asparagus Spears?
- Keto & Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Brown Sugar & Garlic Sauce Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- Karlynn’s Tips & Tricks for Making Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Pin this recipe to your Appetizers & Side Dishes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is Simple & Easy to Make
Brown sugar sauce bacon wrapped asparagus spears are the bacon bomb, man. I thought that I liked bacon wrapped green bean bundles, but I have a new love. These bacon wrapped asparagus are exactly the same as the green bean bundles, you melt butter, brown sugar and add in powdered garlic. I actually prefer these to the green bean bundles ( as much as I love those) because I am ALL about the asparagus, all the time! It’s also the tail end of asparagus season!!! Oh man, I wait for asparagus season as eagerly as a kid awaits Easter. Forget the chocolate, I am SO into asparagus that isn’t $20 a pound in the stores. I wait for new asparagus recipes to start being shared on everyone’s Facebook pages and websites and eating it two times a week until my family begs me to stop buying asparagus.Actually, that doesn’t really happen. We eat asparagus year round and we never get sick of it, but I am so grateful when I don’t have to spend and arm and a leg for it!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Video
How Do You Trim Asparagus Spears?
It is incredible easy to trim asparagus spears, simply take the stalk and with a hand on each end, bend it. The stalk will snap in the location where the tender part meets the woody, tough part, leaving you with perfectly tender asparagus every time. You can do this with a few asparagus at a time, each one will break in a different spot, it’s pretty cool to see!
Keto & Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
You can make this recipe without the sauce and enjoy a great Keto or low carb side dish. Simply get your favourite bacon and wrap it around the asparagus bundles and bake it without the sauce. I like to bake my asparagus until the ends are crispy and crunchy, but the choice is up to you as to what you prefer. I just love those crunchy ends! Just make sure that if low carb is your main goal with this recipe that you read the bacon packages, there can be hidden sugars and carbs in some bacon!
Brown Sugar & Garlic Sauce Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
The brown sugar and garlic butter sauce is what makes this amazing, when my sister first tried them she exclaimed ” oh man, I could drink the sauce, never mind eat the asparagus!” You can see that they turn out differently than the ones above, the sauce doesn’t really allow the bacon to crisp up, so these are softer than the ones above. However, the flavour is amazing and the ends can still get crispy! While it does look like there is a ton of sauce in the video, there is not that much sauce that actually is retained on each asparagus bundle. The bundles cook in the sauce and retain the flavour.
Karlynn’s Tips & Tricks for Making Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Cook the bacon wrapped asparagus at 400 °F, this ensures that you are going to get crispy bacon!
- If you want,you can coat the bacon in Parmesan cheese like my Bacon Wrapped Roasted Cabbage Wedges, and it’s still Keto and low carb!
- Get fresh, healthy looking asparagus. Check the tips to see if they are firm as this is where they start to rot first!
So who has tried this version of the green bean bundles? Who’s up for brown sugar bacon wrapped ASPARAGUS? I always am. My sister just made me make them AGAIN when she was up here visiting, so we have now eaten them twice in one week. I think I have her converted over to the asparagus dark side!
Pin this recipe to your Appetizers & Side Dishes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- North American
- Karlynn Johnston
- 32 spears asparagus or 4 per bundle, however many you want
- 8 slices of bacon one per bundle
- 1/4 cup of melted salted butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F.
- Take 4 spears of asparagus and wrap one piece of bacon around it, tucking the ends in under the bundle when you lay it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have all 8 bundles placed on a baking sheet. If you are NOT making the sauce, skip to the step where you bake them in the oven. If not, continue on with the instructions.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and garlic powder, mix until smooth and combined thoroughly.
- Pour over the bundles evenly
- Bake the in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes for the bundles with the sauce or 15-20 minutes for the plain bundles without the sauce, until the bacon reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.