These bacon wrapped green bean bundles are blooming fantastic. These are the ultimate, surprise appetizer for a party, people will be amazed at these little creative bundles of sweet, smoky bacon, green bean goodness. Guests will rave about them and ask for your recipe. And you will blush and acknowledge the praise and hand over the recipe with a little “oh really, it’s nothing.”
Simple bacon wrapped green bean bundles
There are some recipes floating out there on the ‘net that use canned green beans. DON’T use them. Don’t make me come over to your kitchen and whack you with a wooden spoon. And for those of you who want me to whack you with a wooden spoon, trust me, you wouldn’t like it.
Make these. Now. For company. For yourself for lunch when the kids aren’t around to watch you eat 700 calories in one bite – estimate, not real caloric value but I am sure I am close.
There has been some feedback on this recipe and my Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe.
- A lot of people don’t like adding the sauce, so I have updated this recipe to reflect that. I personally will make this without the sauce for a side dish to meals, as shown in the photos.
- If you are really wanting to make a real splash entertaining, I would use the sauce.
- If you truly love bacon wrapped food, try my very popular Bacon Wrapped Roasted Cabbage Wedges!
PIN this recipe to your VEGETABLE DISHES or APPETIZERS boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 48 green beans or 8 per bundle, however many you want
- 6 slices of bacon one per bundle
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- Wash the green beans and remove the ends, placing them into a microwave safe container with a little water in the bottom. Microwave them for about 4 minutes to soften them up a little.
- Melt your butter, and mix in the brown sugar and garlic. I know that the garlic seems a little weird, but trust the Ukrainian girl on this one; the garlic just gives it that extra zing.
- Take 8 green beans and wrap one bacon slice around it. Lay the bundles with the ends of the bacon tucked underneath, and make sure the ends are touching another part of the slice, the bacon will sear together and these won't fall apart, miracle of miracles!
- To make the sauce, combine them in a microwave safe cup and heat until the ingredients are all combined and the sugar has dissolved somewhat.
- You can either make the bundles plain, ( as shown) then put the sauce out for your guests, OR take the sauce, and drizzle it over the bundles, covering them as much as possible.
- Pop them into a 400 degree oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked. Remove, cool them slightly and then be amazed!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.