ARE YOU DYING YET!!??!
You guys, this was my Sunday breakfast this past weekend. Hellllooooo gorgeous.
Ok, seriously, not the whole plate, I swear, for real it wasn’t. These babies are so crazy awesome and rich I could only eat one of them.
I love Sundays because my loves, Sundays are meant for breakfasts or brunches like this. We can’t eat like this all week, it’s simply not good for us, we all know this. I eat oatmeal six mornings a week because it’s good for me. Wheeee. Oatmeal.
But on Sundays….
That’s when you need to let loose and have something that’s going to rock your world.
You all know my desperate love of waffles, it’s almost indecent the things I come up with when it comes to waffle recipes. Remember my Mini Doughnut Waffles? Those babies could get you arrested.
Banana waffles have been on my radar for a while now, I just needed a Sunday to relax and have the time to make them at home but live has been too busy as March always is for me. Now that in itself is a sin, Sunday mornings are quite sacred to me. That’s my relaxed kitchen time with my kids. That’s when we cook together, set the table for a meal and sit down and enjoy something fabulous that we leisurely made together. It’s not that we don’t cook together all the time, but Sundays grant us the gift of time and that’s the sacred part.
These are a treat. They are easy to make and let’s be honest, banana’s and Nutella go together like bees and spring flowers. It’s just right.
I do hope you try these and love them as much as we did!
Happy Cooking everyone!
Love you more than chocolate,
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cup ripe bananas mashed (about 1 )
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Nutella
milk to thin
Additional Toppings: Whipped cream & fresh bananas
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- In a large measuring cup or a medium bowl, (I prefer a nice large measuring cup) mix the milk, bananas, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet in. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Follow the instructions of your specific waffle maker (eg, batter amount & time) to make the waffles.
- To make the Nutella Sauce, take the Nutella and warm it in a glass measuring cup in the microwave until it’s heated up and thinner. Whisk in enough milk until it’s thin enough to drizzle over the top of the pancakes.
- Top with slices of fresh bananas, whipped cream and the Nutella sauce.
- Serving Size: 8