Crazy things happen when I have food that I have to use up. Crazy, delicious things like these baked herbed sweet potatoes and feta cheese. I had a ton of sweet potatoes to use up and was craving some crabs like CRAZY.
Why would I be craving carbs you ask?
Because winter in Edmonton just won’t go away. And because I love carbs, silly.
It’s cold and snowy ( yah, snowy in April) and did I mention cold? I wanted CARBS but I also wanted some good carbs as well.
Enter the sweet potatoes and feta cheese.
These were the best lunch I’ve had all month and they were super easy to make. I actually was smart and did vegetable prep this past Monday morning so that I was ready for the week. I had three large sweet potatoes that I wanted to use up – they don’t keep forever – so I peeled and sliced them into large disks so that they were ready to go when I needed them.
Just today I had another sweet potato recipe for lunch, that recipe will be coming next week! That was because I had these ready to go and ready to cook!
I also had a container of herbed Feta cheese that I needed to put to good use, so I threw that on top near the end as well. Add in some thyme and rosemary ( my favourite flavour ever) and you have one amazing lunch or side dish!
The quantity in the recipe post below is for a large sheet pan and meant to be a side dish for dinner. I simply made a smaller version for myself and called it lunch!
Speaking of lunch, make sure to check out my Mom’s Best Banana Loaf Recipe, one slice of that and a bowl of fruit was my lunch the other day as well!
Happy cooking everyone!
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into 1 cm thick slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Herbed Feta Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, oil, rosemary, thyme and salt.
- Place on a large baking sheet and move until the sweet potatoes are in one layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then once they are almost ready, sprinkle the herbed feta cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until the feta cheese becomes browned.
- Remove and serve.