Winter still has a firm, unyielding grip on us here in Canada, the weather this week is seriously cold. While we may get some nice days between the -25 weather, winter deep freeze temps come back with a vengeance as soon as we get comfortable with warmer weather.
That said, I am still in winter cooking mode. Soup, stews, anything that can be made in my crockpot and will warm us up at the end of the day are tops on my list.
With my soups, I love to make biscuits, mainly because my soups can be very vegetable based and not as filling as a stew can be. I also love to make biscuits because they can be sent to school with the kids for lunches the next day, along with a container of soup.
While I love a plan biscuit to sop up my soup with, sometimes you want to jazz them up a bit. Bacon and cheddar do the trick.
It’s easy, simple and of course, oh so delicious when you add in bacon to my favorite biscuit!
If you are looking for a few other biscuit ideas, check out these ideas from the Life Made Delicious website.
French Onion Biscuits: – Yum!! These sound fantastic!
Cranberry Walnut Biscuits- With turkey dinner, anyone?
Happy baking everyone!
“Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious. Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of cheese
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and diced
- 2/3 milk
Kick the tires and light the fires to 425 degrees.
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 425 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients well, take a whisk to them or sift. Then cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Once the butter is cut in, pour the milk in, add the cheese and bacon and combine.
- Roll the dough out until it’s about Â½ â€“ Â¾ inch thick, then use either a biscuit cutter, or a glass to cut out the biscuits.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, six to a sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they have risen and are starting to brown on top.
- Serving Size: 12