Ok, now THIS is a camping dessert! Three ingredient eclairs while you are camping? Woot!!
All you need for this is a tube of croissant dough, a can of chocolate icing and chocolate pudding.
I think I just giggled typing that. Seriously, talk about cheater food!
Cheating aside, you can make the “eclairs” two different ways.
Apparently people wrap the dough around dowels and cook it over the campfire. That could work.
I, however, chose to bake them in my cast iron skillet with tiny little dowels in the center instead.
Unroll the dough, place a dowel in the center to make the space for the filling and then place in the pan. ( or alternately, cook them over the campfire)
Then it’s time for the finishing touches!
Man, am I the only one who can eat this icing out of the can? There’s a reason that I don’t have it in my house. It’s evil. I haven’t eaten it in years.
Take a plastic ziploc with the corner snipped off, fill it with pudding. Place the corner into the center hole of the baked “eclair” and then fill it with pudding.
Ice the top with icing and you are done!
Make sure that you pin this recipe for later, whether it’s next week or next summer! This is one of those “must have” recipes that you need in your back pocket.
Happy baking everyone!
Love you more than chocolate eclairs!
on container of pre-made croissant dough
one container of chocolate icing
two containers of chocolate pudding
- Remove the croissant dough from the container and spread out as instructed.
- Roll the dough around a clean wooden dowel.
- Bake either over a campfire or in a skillet on the fire or in the BBQ according to the package instructions.
- Once cooled, take a plastic ziploc with the corner snipped off and fill it with chocolate pudding. Place the corner into the center hole of the baked “eclair” and then fill it with pudding.
- Ice the top with icing and you are done!
- Serving Size: 8