Ok, now THIS is a camping dessert! Three Ingredient Cheater Chocolate Eclairs while you are camping? Woot!! All you need for this is a tube of croissant dough, a can of chocolate icing and chocolate pudding.
I think I just giggled typing that. Seriously, talk about cheater food! Cheating aside, you can make the “eclairs” two different ways.
Apparently people wrap the dough around dowels and cook it over the campfire. That could work.
I, however, chose to bake them in my cast iron skillet with tiny little dowels in the center instead.
Unroll the dough, place a dowel in the center to make the space for the filling and then place in the pan. ( or alternately, cook them over the campfire)
Then it's time for the finishing touches!
Man, am I the only one who can eat this icing out of the can? There's a reason that I don't have it in my house. It's evil. I haven't eaten it in years.
Take a plastic ziploc with the corner snipped off, fill it with pudding. Place the corner into the center hole of the baked “eclair” and then fill it with pudding.
Ice the top with icing and you are done!
Make sure that you pin this recipe for later, whether it's next week or next summer! This is one of those “must have” recipes that you need in your back pocket.
Happy baking everyone!
Love you more than chocolate eclairs!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CAMPING or DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Three Ingredient Cheater Chocolate Eclairs
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 container of pre-made croissant dough
- 1 cup or container of chocolate icing
- 1 cup or two containers of chocolate pudding
- wooden dowels
- Remove the croissant dough from the container and spread out as instructed.
- Roll the dough around a clean wooden dowel.
- Bake either over a campfire or in a skillet on the fire or in the BBQ according to the package instructions.
- Once cooled, take a plastic ziploc with the corner snipped off and fill it with chocolate pudding. Place the corner into the center hole of the baked "eclair" and then fill it with pudding.
- Ice the top with icing and you are done!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.