This is the best Jiffy cornbread recipe you’ll ever eat! Simply take that box of Jiffy that you have in your pantry and jazz it up with a few simple ingredients that you will already have in your fridge! This makes a moist, tender crumbed jiffy cornbread that mostly comes from the box!
Try my The Ultimate Jiffy Corn Casserole if you love this cornbread.
Table of Contents
What is Jiffy Cornbread?
Jiffy cornbread is an American pantry staple made using simple ingredients such as Jiffy corn muffin mix and three to four other ingredients. It’s very commonly paired with barbecue recipes.
Is this a Sweet Jiffy Cornbread Recipe or Savory?
The basic Jiffy mix is not more savory than sweet but for this recipe, I opted to sweeten it. To do so, I added sugar to this recipe and found that it made it absolutely perfect. I’d also add that you really do need to foil that sour cream with something sweet, so even if you don’t like a sweeter cornbread it wouldn’t hurt to add a teaspoon or two of sugar.
How to Make this Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
You always can follow the directions on the box, but the muffins were really not that good. However, when you add in some extras, you can bake this into an 8×8 pan and make a moist, tender-crumbed cornbread that really takes advantage of the corn muffin mix, and amps it up!
- Combine the butter, sour cream and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Mix in the Jiffy corn muffin mix until it forms a batter.
- Spread out in the pan and bake.
You can also make a spoon bread casserole with Jiffy, but that’s a recipe I am saving for my last box!
Can you freeze this Jiffy Cornbread?
You bet! Simply wrap the cornbread tightly in plastic wrap (Saran Wrap for instance) and place it in a large freezer bag (such as a Ziploc or similar). Make sure it is properly sealed and then place in the freezer.
Freezing for Extended Periods
If you want to freeze this for a longer period of time, use a vacuum sealer to ensure that it lasts and tastes fresh, once thawed.
Like most breads, it will last 3-4 months approximately until it will begin to degrade in flavor.
The Ultimate Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 17 minutes
- Side Dish
- 16 pieces
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar if you like a sweeter cornbread
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- Mix together the butter, sour cream and add sugar.
- Add in the eggs, beating in completely.
- Stir in the box of Jiffy mix. Mix now until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spread the mixture out in the pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
- Remove and slice and serve.
- You can add a can of drained kernel corn if you like corn in your cornbread.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.