I can’t stop eating everything summery.
Oh my word you guys, I just can’t. Strawberries are getting better, asparagus is on our table almost daily, radishes and kale are ready in my garden and the corn on the cob in the stores is starting to taste better….and better….and soon..oh, soon it’s going to be at its peak!
I swear we just get tired of being like cave bears, trapped in a gloomy, icy cave all winter long called “Edmonton”. When the snow finally melts, I just want to get out and eat BBQ food, all the time. Not just the junky stuff – though I love that as well- but just the corn, the strawberries, radishes, salad, heck I want everything seasonal that’s coming up.
And eating outside? Well, let’s just say our deck set was out before the last snowfall. Which actually says nothing, considering it has snowed in June here.
This corn recipe is the result of my corn craze and man, summer has barely started.I can’t help it, once you start fiddling with different ways of cooking and eating corn, you just can’t stop.
This however, is a serious new favorite. This one will stick around for a while before I start trying new flavors.
So I told you that you needed Cilantro Butter! Now that you know how to make it, you are ready to rock this recipe!
Happy cooking everyone!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! And please rate my recipes every chance you get!**
- 6 in ears corn unhusked that has been soaked water for hours
- 6 tablespoons Cilantro Butter
- 2 teaspoons Tex Mex Seasoning
lime juice and zest
- Preheat the BBQ to around 350 degrees.
- Place corn, in its husks, directly on the BBQ rack.
- Roast until tender and cooked through, about 40-45 minutes.
- Peel down the husks.
- Rub each ear of corn with 1 tablespoon of the cilantro butter.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the Tex Mex seasoning, a few splashes of lime juice and some lime zest on top!
- Serving Size: 6