Table of Contents
Tex Mex Cheesy Grilled Naan Bread I have unabashedly mashed two food cultures together here and that’s what happens when you don’t plan a recipe and it just literally “happens”. Picture the scene. Tex Mex corn has been prepped, Chex Oven Fried Chicken has been made and I’m standing on the table taking picture of said fried chicken and corn. (Yes. I’ve stood on the table to get the right light. Mike has pictures. I will not share.)
The Rose walks over and says “Unngh Mom, what’s wrong with the chicken?”
Grrreat. Someone’s in a picky mood.
I realize that if she won’t eat the chicken because of the way it looks, then she’s having a cob of corn for dinner. (Yes, I left one plain for her of course).
I frantically searched for a fast idea as I had chicken and corn cooling rapidly on the counter. Ah. Naan bread and melted cheese. The picky eater is DONE. However, my eye caught the Tex Mex seasoning and cilantro that I had left out on the counter, because let’s face it, if I don’t clean after dinner, why would I clean while making it? And a light went off.
And this amazing, seriously beyond fantastically delicious bread was born. You can’t possibly grasp what’s happening here folks. How can so much awesome happen in a mere 5 minutes?
It can, it did and it will continue to do so in this house. Holy Dinah, this is goooood. The three of us non-picky eaters absolutely fought over the two pieces I made, with my son winning in the end. Phht. This whole having to be an adult sucks sometimes. The Rose ate her plain cheesy naan, picked the coating off the chicken and ate the meat (a win!) and her plain corn of cob.
This matches that Tex Mex Corn on the Cob recipe of mine SO well that I can’t imagine one without the other. Well, yes I can. This awesome carby cheesy goodness can be made in 5 minutes. EVIL.
I really hope you give this a whirl! Thanks for stopping in!
Love you more than chocolate,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Tex Mex Cheesy Grilled Naan Bread
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- Side Dish
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 pieces baked naan bread plain or garlic flavored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Tex Mex Seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded Tex Mex Cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Pre-heat your BBQ (oven) to 450 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Brush one side of the bread with the oil/spice mixture and place onto the grill, oiled side down. If you are using an oven, place directly onto the middle rack.
- Grill for 3 minutes with the BBQ (oven) closed.
- Brush the remaining side of the bread with the oil/spice mixture and then flip to grill the newly seasoned side.
- Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of each naan.
- Close the BBQ and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove, top with 1 tbsp cilantro and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.