My last (aww!) post for my stint as a Patak’s ambassador is one from their new online recipe book, Smoke & Spice. I chose to barbecue up their Spicy Cumin and Ginger Chicken drumsticks, as spicy chicken is one of the ONLY ways I will get my son to eat chicken. Indeed, these were a hit with him and they will go into the dinner rotation from now on.
You use the Spicy Ginger & Cumin Sauce for Two and while the sauce is definitely spicy, the yogurt in the recipe brings the heat level down considerably, so don’t be scared to try it out!
These were a fabulous change from the usual Tandoori chicken – another favorite of mine!- and since I love the yogurt based chicken dishes I will most certainly be trying this recipe on a batch of chicken thighs, my favorite cut of meat to BBQ up. I think that they would be to die for!
I’d like to thank Patak’s for the year of endless delicious sauces, treats and fun! I hope you all have learned some new recipes from me that are fast, easy and have you mixing in a little India on a regular basis!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CHICKEN RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- 8 chicken drumsticks medium sized
- 200 ml Patak's Spicy Cumin and Ginger Cooking Sauce
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- Combine Patak's Spicy Cumin and Ginger Cooking Sauce and plain Greek yogurt with chicken in a freezer bag.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least one hour prior to cooking, but no more than 24 hours.
- Place on the barbecue at medium-high heat.
Ensure chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature and serve
Nutritional information may vary based on quantities.