This drink is all Phil at Baconhound’s fault. He made this amazing looking Bourbon Mint Lemonade last week and I haven’t stopped thinking about it. Go and check it out. It looks AMAZING and I am going to invite myself over to his place soon so he can make me one.
I love bourbon. Oh yes, I love rum and vodka and everything else, but I LOVE BOURBON. Give me an Old Fashioned over almost any other drink when I’m looking for something to sip.
I also love lemons and fruit and mint.
So this is a strong bourbon drink, with TWO ounces in it (you can make it with one ounce, if you want, but I’ll mock you for being a wimp) and I love the fizz that a little bit of club soda brings to it.
The orange? Classic bourbon pairing. Just smashing. The lemonade? Oh yah, it’s good.
The best part?
Mike loves this drink. I can make it
four two at a time.
I was seriously surprised that he liked it but then again, that bourbon and orange combo is seriously killer delicious.
I can totally assure you that this drink is man approved.
So again, you all have to make my Mint Honey Simple Syrup. If you haven’t yet, you simply have to because while you can use fine white sugar in your drinks, the mint honey flavor is what is making these drinks so seriously amazing. Trust me, double the batch and keep it in your fridge for summery drinks!
Let me know if you give this a whirl!
Love you more than bourbon (it’s a close call, but I really do),
- 5 leaves large mint
- 2-3 tbsp Mint Honey Simple Syrup (or one tbsp fine white sugar then add to your taste)
- 2 slices of lemon halved (4 pieces total)
- slice one orange quartered
- 1/2 ounce strong orange juice fresh or concentrate
- 3 oz shots strong lemonade 3
- 2 oz shots bourbon 2
- Place the mint and the honey in the bottom of a large cocktail glass (I LOVE mason jars for this) and muddle them together. (smash them to get the oils of the mint out)
- Place the lemon and orange in the bottom and press the juices out.
- Add in the juices and bourbon. With the juices, if making from concentrate, use less water than called for so you have a strong, tasty juice to add to your drink.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill with club soda.Mix and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1