This recipe came From Ida on my Facebook page when I asked for pie suggestions. I am lucky enough to have two!!! dinners this weekend where I am not cooking and needed to bake two pies to take along. One person hinted that he loved baked cream cheese for dessert so when I saw this recipe, I knew it was the one!
So thanks again Ida!!
I will update it with slice pictures as we eat, I didn’t really want to pre-slice the pie before we took it over for dinner, though knowing me, they’d understand why they had a mangled pie!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Pumpkin Paradise Pie
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell 9 inches
- one 15 ounces can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add egg; beat until smooth. Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- Chill 30 minutes. In a bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully pour over the cream cheese layer. Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
Hi Karlynn. I love you SO much I have nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger award. If you like you can see what I had to said at anuntidylife.wordpress.com. But just know I appreciate the goodness you bring to life. And my tummy.
Stunning! Love the name and cannot wait to see how it looks inside – though, knowing you – everyone was caught up in the eating and there wasn’t any left to photograph!
Love the topping on the pie! Looks great!