This Pesto Tomato, Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad is literally what I’ve been living off of for breakfast lately. It combine everything I love into one bowl – and is such a healthy start to the day it’s incredible. Vegetables, heart healthy oils from not only the avocado but the olive oil as well, protein from the eggs…it’s all amazing.
The best part is that it’s super fast to make. You can whip this up in the morning in no time at all, mere minutes in fact. The vegetable prep can be done while your eggs are poaching!
It’s also easy to customize to your liking.
More pesto, less pesto, no pesto, it’s all up to you.
Can we talk about egg poachers again? Every time I post one of my egg recipes, you all are dying to know how I get my poached eggs so perfect.
It’s this: an amazing egg poacher.
I love my egg poacher SO MUCH that I own two of them. I use it every day, as two eggs and some type of vegetable is my breakfast every morning. An egg poacher makes the best eggs everrrrr! I’ll be taking one of my pans to the trailer this summer because there is no way I can do without it!
Happy cooking all!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 small avocados pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Parmesan flakes
- 4 large eggs poached
- sea salt
- Combine the oil and pesto together.
- Toss with the tomatoes, avocados and Parmesan until coated with the pesto.
- Poach your eggs to your desired liking
- Divide the salad between two plates, then top with two eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.