This whole gig as a food writer/recipe developer/food blogger/Jack of All Trades has me thinking about food all the time. It’s constant. You can’t even imagine. I see or eat something and a new idea pops into my head and if I’m on the computer, it foes into a draft post immediately. If I am out of the house, it goes into the notes on my IPhone. That’s the reason my drafts folder is huge and my notes on my phone are out of control.
This pepperoni pizza mac n’ cheese has been in my drafts folder for months, I kid you not. I had the idea months ago and only just this past weekend finally got around to making it. Guys, it’s amazing.
You take my mac and cheese recipe (see below) add in pizza sauce, place it in a baking dish then top it with pepperoni.
Then you sprinkle on a good layer of mozza cheese.
You bake it up and then this happens.
Oh em gee.
There are no words people. None. Just look.
Now you need to go on ahead and either Pin this recipe with the picture below or print it, but you need to save this somehow.
Dudes. This is a keeper.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Both of my kids ate this and the reason I put the pepperoni on top is so that my daughter could pick it off. Yes, that’s right, she picked it off. BUT she ate the pizza sauce macaroni! Will wonders never cease?
Mike raved about this, which means it’s a winner because that man is so meat and potatoes some days. So for him to rave about something unique means it’s officially gone onto my suppertime recipe roster.
Happy cooking everyone! Let me know if you try this!
Love you more than chocolate,
Pepperoni Pizza Mac N'Cheese
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups of uncooked whole wheat macaroni pasta
- 1 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tbs of margarine
- 3 tbs of flour
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozza cheese
- one package of pepperoni of choice I use a natural nitrate pepperoni
- Kick the tires & light the fires to 350 degrees
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions, drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add in the flour. Mix it in completely.
- Take your milk and mix it into the butter/flour combination slowly, a little bit at a time. The secret to a roux is to add the milk slowly, stirring constantly to ensure that there are no lumps/ Keep adding the milk slowly until it's all incorporated.
- Add in the water and pizza sauce.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat until it's thickened up then add in the cheese. Stir until it's completely melted then remove from the heat.
- Combine the sauce and macaroni together in the large sauce pan.
- In a greased deep dish 10x10 pan (or the equivalent) , pour the macaroni and spread out in the pan evenly.
- Top with a layer of pepperoni slices, then add the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted on top and starts to bubble, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.