This whole gig as a food writer/recipe developer/food blogger/Jack of All Trades has me thinking about food all the time. It’s constant. You can’t even imagine. I see or eat something and a new idea pops into my head and if I’m on the computer, it foes into a draft post immediately. If I am out of the house, it goes into the notes on my IPhone.
This pepperoni pizza mac n’ cheese has been in my drafts folder for months, I kid you not. I had the idea months ago and only just this past weekend finally got around to making it. Guys, it’s amazing.
You take my mac and cheese recipe (see below) add in pizza sauce, place it in a baking dish then top it with pepperoni.
Then you sprinkle on a good layer of mozza cheese.
You bake it up and then this happens.
Oh em gee.
There are no words people. None. Just look.
Now you need to go on ahead and either Pin this recipe with the picture below or print it, but you need to save this somehow. If you are looking for another kid friendly mac and cheese, my sneaky vegetable mac and cheese always hits the spot.
Dudes. This is a keeper.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Both of my kids ate this and the reason I put the pepperoni on top is so that my daughter could pick it off. Yes, that’s right, she picked it off. BUT she ate the pizza sauce macaroni! Will wonders never cease?
Mike raved about this, which means it’s a winner because that man is so meat and potatoes some days. So for him to rave about something unique means it’s officially gone onto my suppertime recipe roster.
Happy cooking everyone! Let me know if you try this!
Love you more than chocolate,
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Pepperoni Pizza Mac N'Cheese
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups of uncooked whole wheat macaroni pasta
- 1 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoon of margarine
- 3 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozza cheese
- one package of pepperoni of choice I use a natural nitrate pepperoni
- Kick the tires & light the fires to 350 degrees
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions, drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add in the flour. Mix it in completely.
- Take your milk and mix it into the butter/flour combination slowly, a little bit at a time. The secret to a roux is to add the milk slowly, stirring constantly to ensure that there are no lumps/ Keep adding the milk slowly until it's all incorporated.
- Add in the water and pizza sauce.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat until it's thickened up then add in the cheese. Stir until it's completely melted then remove from the heat.
- Combine the sauce and macaroni together in the large sauce pan.
- In a greased deep dish 10x10 pan (or the equivalent) , pour the macaroni and spread out in the pan evenly.
- Top with a layer of pepperoni slices, then add the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted on top and starts to bubble, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
Very good and esey too.I m going to try soon for the first time n thnx dear.
Barb Overton says
I used to make something very much like this for kid. He LOVED it.
BTW, your recipe can be vegetarian or even vegan with these substitutions:
Yves Brand meatless pepperoni (found at Safeway stores)
Daiya dairy-free pre-shredded “cheese”, cheddar and mozzarella, found at Safeway.
Soy milk or almond milk, Safeway has that too.