I have been meaning to make a peanut butter and jam sriracha burger ever since I tried one in Scottsdale, Arizona last year. I actually can’t believe that I was so adventurous when I tried it; who would think that peanut butter on a burger is good?
Apparently someone did and I am so glad to recreate the recipe here! Also, if you love burgers, be sure to try my Homemade Portobello Mushroom Burgers!
Why Peanut Butter on a Burger Works
What I’m trying to get across here is that Peanut Butter can be used in so many unique ways. Sure, we all love it on toast – mine with jam as well- but there are many ways to enhance your favorite snacks and recipes with peanut butter. It’s not just a spread for toast, it’s an upgrade to your burgers and whatever you can think of.
You guys, it works. The sriracha heat is dulled perfectly by the bold savory flavor of the Peanut Butter and the jam adds this sweetness that is unbelievable. The bacon adds salt and a fat to cut the spice as well.
Will you trust Magpie? I want you to make this with your family and friends next time you have a barbecue – they’ll have so much fun with this. Don’t be afraid to use Peanut Butter on your burgers, or anything else for that matter. Can you tell that I am a peanut butter lover beyond measure? Peanut butter is good in anything!
What I love is that you can add the sriracha to your own taste. Mix it into the peanut butter until it’s the perfect pairing of spicy heat and savory peanuts. Then slather it all over your burger – this is the key part. You want the peanut butter to start getting all melty over top of the burger.
I’m drooling just typing that.
Then you add some jam – just a dab or two- on top. Pile some bacon on – lettuce if wanted but the original burger I tried didn’t have any lettuce – and top it with the bun.
Happy Cooking everyone!
Love you more than peanut butter and chocolate together!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Peanut Butter and Jam Sriracha Burgers
Tantalize your taste buds with the crazy delicious flavour combination in these Peanut Butter and Jam Sriracha Burger!
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- For the Burger Patties:
- 1 1/2 lbs medium ground beef
- 3 slices bacon cooked very slightly then chopped small
- 2 tbsp Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- For the Toppings:
- 4 tbsp Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter this is a minimum to start with you can add more
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 8 slices of bacon cooked until slightly crispy
- lettuce for 4 burgers if wanted
- 4 hamburger buns of your choice
- Combine the patty ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions (this will be about 6 ounces each) and flatten into patties that are approximately 1/2 inch thick. Press a small round crater into the top of each burger with the back of a spoon (this helps them cook flatter, as you don't want to press on them while they are grilling).
- If you can, grill the burgers on the BBQ for the best results, 3-4 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165 Â°F.
- Alternatively, you can cook the patties in a pan on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 Â°F.
- Mix the peanut butter and sriracha together in a small bowl to taste. Build your burgers by placing the patty on the bottom of the bun, then placing a tablespoon or so of the peanut butter/sriracha sauce on top of the hot burger. You want the peanut butter hot and melty! Spread a tablespoon of strawberry jelly on top. Top with lettuce and the top of the bun.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.