This Camp Cook’s Parmesan Chicken is a secret recipe from one of the best cooks I know!
Easy Parmesan Chicken
This easy Parmesan chicken recipe is one that I have had for a really long time. It was given to me by the camp cook at my Uncle’s hunting lodge, and she always received rave reviews. It is an excellent chicken recipe when you feel like something completely out of the norm chicken-wise.
If there is one thing that I have learned, camp cooks ALWAYS have the best recipes!
It also uses my favourite soup, which is cream of mushroom soup. I can’t help it, it’s always my very favourite cheat!
How Easy is this Parmesan Chicken?
This is a super easy recipe that is also very forgiving.
- Don’t have paprika? No worries.
- Want to use cream of mushroom garlic soup? Go for it.
- You can also use low sodium soups to make this lighter in sodium.
This cheater Parmesan Chicken is sooo flexible!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CHICKEN RECIPES or DINNER IDEAS Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Camp Cook's Parmesan Chicken
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- dinner recipes
- 6 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2-3 pounds of skinless chicken 6-8 pieces
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of pepper
- dash of garlic unless you use garlic soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of mushroom and garlic soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, oregano, half the Parmesan cheese, pepper and garlic in a large plastic bag, large enough to shake and coat the chicken parts in. I thought I would try real, large Parmesan cheese, and it doesn't stick to the chicken like the other kind. Use the Kraft kind in a shaker. Use that. Trust me. Don't make my mistake.
- Grease a roasting/baking pan very well.
- Shake the chicken parts in the crumb mixture until completely coated.
- Place all the coated chicken parts in your baking pan. Put them into the oven and start them cooking.
- Open the soup and mix it with the 1/2 cup of milk.
- At about 30 minutes into cooking, take the chicken out.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle what's left of your Parmesan cheese on top.
- Sprinkle some paprika on as well, then put it back into the oven for another 10-20 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve this delicious main course for dinner and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.