These Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers are one of my favourite treats to make for the holidays! You dip Ritz crackers in a minty chocolate mixture, sprinkle them with crushed candy canes and let them dry!
Homemade Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers
Who thinks of putting chocolate on crackers? The test kitchen people at Kraft, that’s who. And that’s why my future does not include being in a test kitchen, I am just not bold enough. I am not cut out for adventurous cooking like this.
But…they are salty…they are sweet….they have chocolate…and they have mint.
Hawt damn, what a combo.
2 cups of chocolate chips
1/3 tsp mint flavoring
box of Ritz crackers
1 peppermint candy cane, crushed
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Chocolate Covered Ritz
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/3 teaspoon mint flavoring
- box of Ritz crackers
- 1 peppermint candy cane crushed
- Line two or three large baking sheets with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a large glass Pyrex measuring glass ( or similar microwave safe glass).
- Stir in your mint flavoring and get ready to dip!
- Dip each cracker until they are covered in chocolate then place on the wax paper. The number of treats you end up with depend on if you are a heavy dipper or a light dipper.
- Once the dipping is done, time to sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Let the chocolate harden the store in a closed container for 4-5 days on the counter or freezer for up to two months.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.