Try not to squee over how cute these mini loaded smashed potato bites are. Also try to resist eating the entire pan of them, because as we all know, when food is mini, it’s calorie free.
Fairy tales and wishes aside, hot dang folks, these are the perfect summertime appetizer or side dish. I actually could make a meal out of these easily, but I whipped them up with the intent of having a deliciously new finger food for my summertime soirees.
They are super easy. Boil baby potatoes. Smash baby potatoes. Sprinkle sea salt and olive oil on baby potatoes and bake until crispy.
Take ’em out and place loaded baked potato fixin’s on them all.
Evilly easy. My favorite type of recipe.
You know the catch phrase “Bet you can’t eat just one?”
If it wasn’t infringing on someone else’s copyright, I’d be telling you that exact phrase applies to these beauties. Like I said, there’s no reason you can’t eat a plate full of these and call it dinner. I won’t judge you.
Are you ready for another little secret? Actually, it’s a pretty lame one and anyone that had made my Absolute Best Ever Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes is already familiar with the secret.
Told you it was lame, but it’s true. Seasoning salt is a must here for the best flavour combination possible. You can use plain sea salt but trust Magpie, seasoning salt makes these amazing!
Now admit it, who’s going to eat a solid dozen of these and call it a night?
Love you more than chocolate,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZER RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Mini Loaded Smashed Potato Bites
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2-3 dozen baby potatoes boiled until soft
- 3-4 tablespoons oilve oil
- seasoning salt
- one container sour cream
- 6-7 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese I love Tex Mex!
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking pans (That fit side by side in your oven) with parchment paper then drizzle olive oil over it.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and gently flatten them using a potato masher, making sure to try and keep them together. Make sure that there is oil under them! Repeat until you have all of the potatoes on the baking sheets, then drizzle with extra olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are browned and crispy. The crispier these are, the better they taste!
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Top each potato with sour cream, bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Place on serving plate and let everyone help themselves!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.