These amazing Lemon Garlic Dill Shrimp & Potatoes in Foil Packets are proof positive that I “glamp”. Period. I don’t camp in a tent or rough it, I have no interest in not eating well and if you asked me the one thing I can’t live without…. it would be sea salt flakes. Or olive oil. It’s a toss up. (I wasn’t mean to rough it. Ever.)
This recipe is proof, you guys, that you are never going to find me in a tent again for the remainder of my days. I vow it. I am SO over tenting that it’s not even funny. Mike and I used to camp in tents, many moons ago when we were a) broke b) first married and c) broke.
Tenting was the way to go when you were young, dumb, in love with a young boy and didn’t care.
Now I’m old(er), not broke, still in love with that now-older boy more than ever, have had a taste of the finer things in life and won’t go back to tenting again. Don’t get me wrong, I love the outdoors. I still love fishing and hunting and being outdoors in general. I’ve just reached the point in my life where I have no interest in sleeping on the old, hard ground in a tent.
The fact that I made Lemon Garlic Dill Shrimp & Potatoes in Foil Packets is enough proof of that, I tell ya. We camp in a trailer, at a lake. With full amenities. ( water, sewage, electricity and internet. I told you, I GLAMP.)
I still love cooking over a campfire however, that will never change. I just happen to like it now with all the comforts of home. It’s also how I manage to get these camping recipes to you guys as well. If I was tenting there would be NO WAY I was hauling around these ingredients or my expensive camera.
I would also be too busy complaining to cook. It’s true. Let’s not pretend I’m perfect by any means. I would be an absolute CRANK.
So here. Enjoy these Lemon Garlic Dill Shrimp & Potatoes in Foil Packets from the perfectly imperfect Kitchen Magpie.
Pin this recipe to your CAMPING BOARD and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Lemon Garlic Dill Shrimp and Potatoes in Foil Packets
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- Main Course
- 2 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed or 2 tsp dry
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp 31-40 per pound, peeled and deveined - and STILL FROZEN!
- 1 pound potatoes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. ( just break the frozen shrimp apart)
- Lay out two sheets of tinfoil ( double thickness). Spray with cooking spray.
- Divide the potatoes and shrimp evenly between the two.
- Fold the tinfoil, creating a sealed packet.
- Cook on the campfire, BBQ or in your oven until the potatoes are tender, around 30 minutes or so. Shake occasionally while cooking to prevent the food from sticking/burning.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.