This rotisserie chicken will blow your mind for the simple reason that you can make it in your crockpot /slow cooker! Not just that, but it turns out better than the ones you can get in the stores! There is nothing like an easy slow cooker chicken recipe to set and forget while you are at work all day!
Yes, You Can Make Rotisserie Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Say it with me: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken. I think the heavens just opened up and the angels sang choruses of “Hallelujah, it’s what’s for dinner!” It’s seriously that good and that easy.
This is another recipe that I made only a day or two ago and had to rush, as fast as I could, to edit the photos and write it up for you. I wanted you all to have this for the weekend, as fast as possible, because I am that darn excited to share it with you.
This recipe is going to be a mainstay in your dinner rotation, I guarantee it! I already know that this is going to be THE way that I make crockpot chicken, at least when I roast it whole.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- The secret to keeping the chicken intact and not have it fall apart is two parts; one, you simply must truss the chicken.
- Two: Cook it on top of either a rack that fits in your slow cooker or balls of tinfoil. I used tinfoil, but boy, would I love to find a rack that fits in here!
- Once it’s done in the slow cooker, pop it in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin and boom, you are done!
How to Truss a Chicken With or Without String
This great video will show you how to truss the chicken with or without string.
The Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
After cooking for a good 8-9 hours, depending on your slow cooker, you end up with this beauty! We were amazed. Astounded. Absolutely in love with this new recipe. The chicken is exactly how it should be, moist, fall-off-the-bone delicious. Look at that thigh meat and yes, look at that grease. Just like store-bought.
However there is SO much less grease that I actually prefer this chicken to store-bought. The store-bought ones actually make me a little queasy from the grease on occasion!
Pop it into the oven for around 5 minutes, crisp up the skin and voila! Homemade rotisserie chicken!
My family of four demolished this slow cooker chicken. It was like a pack of wolves descended upon it, chicken and bones flying everywhere. I can’t believe that it’s taken me this long to finally make it, I’m almost kicking myself for not having done it before!
Happy Friday everyone! I really hope you make this slow cooker chicken this weekend, let me know what you think!
Love you more than weekends!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
How To Make Rotisserie Chicken in Your Crockpot!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 hours
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 ( 4 lb) broiler/fryer chicken
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix crushed
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- optional : 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper for heat or extra salt if you like it salty!
Pat chicken completely dry with paper towels.
- Truss with or without string. (do NOT skip this step or it will fall apart in the crockpot)
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until it forms a paste. If it's too dry, add small amounts of oil until you get a good spreading consistency.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken, inside and out., making sure not to tear the skin.
Wad up 4-5 balls of tinfoil, place in the bottom of the crockpot and place the chicken, breast up, on top of the foil.
- Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
When the thigh area has reached a minimum of 185 degrees, carefully remove from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes in a 450 degree oven to crisp up the skin, watching carefully.
- Remove and serve!
Remember to put it in the oven for 5 minutes (see instructions) to crisp the skin!
The nutritional facts will vary depending on what products and size of chicken you use.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.