It took me years to love cilantro after eating a salad that was over the top with cilantro leaves. Now, I can’t get enough of it and it’s almost always in my fridge, ready to use. I am standing over it in the garden daily, willing the little greens I see sprouting to grow! now! Git moving!
The other night we had a feast of everything amazing. Tex Mex corn on the cob – recipe coming right up folks – oven fried chicken and Tex Mex Flatbread – again, recipe coming ASAP!
For the corn you are going to need some cilantro butter.
Now, you can vary it as you want, but mine has cilantro, salted butter and a smidge of honey. Yes, always with the sweetness but most recipes need just that touch to balance out the salt and the savour. Plus, when you slather it on the corn?
You can use garlic and lime if you want as well, but this one is for the corn and needs the honey in it.
Ok, now those other Tex Mex recipe are coming right up, I promise!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! And please rate my recipes every chance you get!**
- 1 /2 cup butter softened to room temperature but not melted
- salt and pepper to taste if desired
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- clove optional: one of garlic minced and lime zest
- Combine ingredients into a small food processor (or use a hand blender like I did.)
- Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate until time to use.