Table of Contents
It’s official: Kale is the new spinach in my house. Don’t worry though, we eat so many greens that I still have spinach in my refrigerator, it’s just not as well-loved. Ouch. Don’t tell my spinach that though.
Sorry, what was that? I’m totally years behind on the kale craze? Oh, that’s nothing I didn’t already know already. I’m just not a craze kinda gal, I guess. A day late and a dollar short, story of my life.
I did get around to trying kale in a hot dip – really, is there any other kind?- instead of spinach and let me tell you, this was some major yum.
It’s still hot, cheesy rich goodness that has your eyes rolling back in your head in thanks. I swear it’s the cheese that does it.
Now, this is a large and in charge kale and artichoke dip, the amount shown in the pictures is only half of this recipe below! We only had two guests coming for dinner, so I knew that my hips did not need leftover kale dip tempting me in the middle of the night to sneak down for a midnight snack.
If you are making this for a larger party, make the whole recipe but if it’s for two to four people, half of this recipe will suffice.
Unless of course, you want a midnight trip to the fridge for leftovers, in which case go ahead and make the entire recipe!
Happy cooking everyone!
Hot N’ Cheesy Kale & Artichoke Dip
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 cup canned chopped artichoke hearts drained well
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups kale washed with ribs removed
- Combine the first five ingredients together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sautee the garlic and kale in the olive oil until the kale is cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the kale mixture with the cheese mixture completely.
- Place in an oven proof baking container.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the dip is heated completely and the cheese has bubbled and browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with chips or vegetables of your choice.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.