I’m on a real homemade hot chocolate mix kick this winter, if you already couldn’t tell. It’s honestly like this whole new world has been opened up to me. I don’t drink coffee in the mornings and tea only very occasionally, so this new concept of making your own hot chocolate mix is just about the most exciting thing ever.
You’d swear I never left the house.
Really, this is the third tin of hot chocolate I have made since my inaugural post on How To Make Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix and every tin has been a new flavor. I started with the original then moved on to Mint Hot Chocolate and this third time have made toffee flavored hot chocolate mix.
I honestly can’t pick a favorite out of the three, each has it’s own qualities that I love.
Again, if you are looking for a commercial tasting hot chocolate, this is not the recipe for you. I don’t think however after a couple months of drinking this that I can easily every go back to store bought again. It’s so easy to make and cheap too!
What other flavors would you like to me try? I’m game for making some new ones come January!
Thanks for stopping in everyone, I hope that your holiday season is bright, merry and full of love and joy!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Skor Bits or plain toffee baking bits
- Combine the chocolate and the toffee in a larger food processor and process until it’s almost completely broken down.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process until powdered, this will take a while so have patience and just let the food processor chop it all up.
- I usually leave some little chunks to melt in my powder.
- To use:
- Add the hot chocolate powder to taste in a cup of hot water. Since we use milk powder, you don’t need to use milk.
- Store in an airtight container for 6 weeks (or more), but it won’t last that long!
- Serving Size: 16